Author Topic: Feedback on game manual  (Read 3397 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
Feedback on game manual
« Topic Start: August 30, 2016, 06:30:17 PM »
The manual is very useful, but it doesn't give anything on the following:

How much damage can a fence/wall/stone wall take?
How much does it cost to repair?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Feedback on game manual
« Reply #1: August 31, 2016, 09:49:53 AM »
Thanks, I've added it.

The answer is very simple: It can take its construction cost in damage, and it costs the current damage to repair.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 01, 2016, 02:03:29 PM »
In the manual it says:

"Take Land
    You can also take control of land, enlarging your grounds. You can take common ground and add it to your own land, or you can take other peoples land, which will make this land disputed and common ground (which you can then take the next day if nobody interferes). You cannot take the sleeping home from someone."

What it doesn't make clear is that you also can't take a house located in common land...is this intended, or a bug?

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: September 02, 2016, 06:52:39 PM »
In the manual it says:

"Take Land
    You can also take control of land, enlarging your grounds. You can take common ground and add it to your own land, or you can take other peoples land, which will make this land disputed and common ground (which you can then take the next day if nobody interferes). You cannot take the sleeping home from someone."

What it doesn't make clear is that you also can't take a house located in common land...is this intended, or a bug?

If someone sleeps in it, then it is a sleeping home. In-game you can check if there is smoke rising out of the chimney.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 02, 2016, 07:00:59 PM »
If someone sleeps in it, then it is a sleeping home. In-game you can check if there is smoke rising out of the chimney.

Yes...but I'm saying that you are not able to take an unoccupied, adjacent house on common land (without any smoke from the chimney) either. I have tried, and all that happens is it says 'processing action' or whatever it says, and then my guy is still idle.

So: i was asking if this is intentional or a bug?  ;D

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #5: September 03, 2016, 01:22:09 PM »
Yes...but I'm saying that you are not able to take an unoccupied, adjacent house on common land (without any smoke from the chimney) either. I have tried, and all that happens is it says 'processing action' or whatever it says, and then my guy is still idle.

So: i was asking if this is intentional or a bug?  ;D

Obviously a bug. Can you reproduce this with beta 11?

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 03, 2016, 02:35:03 PM »
Obviously a bug. Can you reproduce this with beta 11?

Yes  :). The villager still ignores the command and continues on his previous action. I tried changing his action to something else and he went and did it, but he doesn't move to take the house.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #7: September 03, 2016, 06:44:29 PM »
I just checked in the code and indeed, you cannot take common buildings.

Not sure if I want to change that or update the manual. Give me a day to think it through.