Author Topic: Fun?  (Read 10985 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Fun?
« Topic Start: September 12, 2016, 08:30:59 AM »
Thank you for the massive feedback, Mookzen.

Yes, there are a few crucial elements missing yet. Now the basic parts are in place and I hope to connect them soon to get the gameplay that I wanted. Admitted, it is not there, yet. I'm looking at the many games I play to figure out what is missing, and my intuition tells me it is not much, but one important change in the right place and it will "click".

Some thoughts I have is to make land less owned and more by "whoever uses it". Plots would get a timer, if you use it it is yours, if you don't use it for some days it becomes common grounds. This would make for much more competition and unintended conflicts as two people try to farm the same land and both fail, for example.

I am also thinking about common projects the way Die2Nite has them. Maybe the tower, well, market need to be built first, with multiple families joining? Or maybe high-end buildings need at least two people working on them to complete?

I will not ever show planned actions on the map. This would demolish the turn-based structure of the game and it would suddenly become important when in the day you make your turn. However, better ways to coordinate are possible, things like putting short messages on the map instead of chat. Short, possibly pre-determined, like "farming here" or "building here" or "manning this".