Author Topic: General Bug Reporting  (Read 22771 times)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
Re: General Bug Reporting
« Reply #15: September 13, 2016, 11:43:57 AM »
Apparently that was the activation key that was supposed to go for the activation link, which no longer works because I used it to get a player key, which I don't know. My laptop may still have it setup, now that I think about it, but this does highlight an issue: what happens when players lose their Player Keys? Seems like we should have a way to just request a new one using whatever email we registered with.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 13, 2016, 07:46:31 PM »
Really odd bug: If I run BF from steam or my desktop shortcut for the steam version, it registers that I am playing Black Forest on steam.

If while I am running it I pin it to my taskbar, close the game and run it from there, it doesn't show up. I even deleted my standalone version.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #17: September 13, 2016, 10:30:22 PM »
Apparently that was the activation key that was supposed to go for the activation link, which no longer works because I used it to get a player key, which I don't know. My laptop may still have it setup, now that I think about it, but this does highlight an issue: what happens when players lose their Player Keys? Seems like we should have a way to just request a new one using whatever email we registered with.

There is a "forgot my key" button on the login page. :-)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #18: September 13, 2016, 10:30:50 PM »
Really odd bug: If I run BF from steam or my desktop shortcut for the steam version, it registers that I am playing Black Forest on steam.

If while I am running it I pin it to my taskbar, close the game and run it from there, it doesn't show up. I even deleted my standalone version.

Very strange. I don't have a Windows PC to reproduce. Any way to figure out what, exactly, it's doing?

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 14, 2016, 04:31:50 AM »
Very strange. I don't have a Windows PC to reproduce. Any way to figure out what, exactly, it's doing?

Steam games played via Steam are basically just a fancy URL: "steam://rungameid/523070". Steam games launched from a desktop shortcut that Steam made also use that URL, so they interact with Steam to launch the executable. And URL is Window's term, not mine. You can also use these URLs in a webpage to have a link open a certain title in Steam or even launch a game in steam.

If you make a shortcut yourself by pinning it to the taskbar while the game is running, you get a traditional shortcut, as made by Windows and most other OS's: "C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Black Forest\Black Forest.exe"; which just goes straight to the executable, skipping Steam altogether.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 19, 2016, 07:16:30 AM »
the Bronzewasser game has gone strange. The others I just played were fine, but that one doesn't load up a village, all I get is the grass texture. No other info at all, family not listed either. As if it can't be found to load it. Games before and after that village have been fine, just that one with the issue.
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #21: September 19, 2016, 07:50:38 AM »
the Bronzewasser game has gone strange. The others I just played were fine, but that one doesn't load up a village, all I get is the grass texture. No other info at all, family not listed either. As if it can't be found to load it. Games before and after that village have been fine, just that one with the issue.

Do you have a time for me when you tried it so I can check the logs? I think I'm not in that game.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 19, 2016, 09:22:20 AM »
Checking it now, at time of posting, and it is still like that.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #23: September 19, 2016, 11:41:46 AM »
I see it, but it's a library error, not in my code. Will be tricky. I'll take your family to my account for a few minutes to fix it.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #24: September 19, 2016, 11:52:02 AM »
Found it and fixed it.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 19, 2016, 12:15:38 PM »
Found it and fixed it.

Looks good - thanks! So its pretty much just myself and James there  ;D

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #26: September 19, 2016, 08:18:10 PM »
I can't be in every game. I have like 20 running. :-)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 19, 2016, 08:44:58 PM »
I can't be in every game. I have like 20 running. :-)

I think I'm at that number now also  ;D

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 28, 2016, 11:29:36 PM »
Tom, can you please re-open the ticket on attacks canceling repairs? This is a game-breaking bug. ???

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 29, 2016, 11:15:48 PM »
It appears that stone walls cannot be attacked in PvP. Only option I get is to repair them (and that's not what I want to be doing :) )
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...