Author Topic: General Bug Reporting  (Read 22770 times)

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
General Bug Reporting
« Topic Start: September 08, 2016, 05:13:46 PM »
Watchtower bug

I have yet to see reduced wood gathering from not manning the tower. On the previous day on Ulmendorp, 22 people gathered wood, and the tower was not manned. All 22 people still gathered 3 wood for that day!

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: General Bug Reporting
« Reply #1: September 10, 2016, 11:46:32 AM »
You found a bug. Thank you. Fixed it now.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 10, 2016, 05:03:25 PM »
You found a bug. Thank you. Fixed it now.

Damn  ;D

I was enjoying that free wood-gathering  ??? ??? ;D

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 10, 2016, 05:09:15 PM »
Damn  ;D

I was enjoying that free wood-gathering  ??? ??? ;D

I was enjoying the AI wood gathering when their families starved to death. Guessing AI shouldn't really survive as long as some have in a couple of games.
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: September 11, 2016, 08:00:58 AM »
I am honestly surprised how long the really, really stupid AI survives. It's a good indicator that game balance is still off. But that's exactly what the open beta is for. :-)

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 11, 2016, 08:25:30 AM »
I am honestly surprised how long the really, really stupid AI survives. It's a good indicator that game balance is still off. But that's exactly what the open beta is for. :-)

Looks like we've got a couple that will make it to the spring in one game... One benefited from being inline with a player, so their hut was also more defended, the other just seems to have been very lucky!

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: September 11, 2016, 09:00:23 AM »
Beta 13 should take care of some of this with a big balance update.

And then there's the unresolved mystery of Build 12...

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 11, 2016, 02:32:01 PM »
So... I decided I'd try playing a match again, but I can't use my old player ID of 26 with it's key to login and if I try to setup a new account with my email, I get "Server error." Email is the same as the one for my forum account, Tom, if need it to figure out what's going on.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 11, 2016, 03:30:51 PM »
So... I decided I'd try playing a match again, but I can't use my old player ID of 26 with it's key to login and if I try to setup a new account with my email, I get "Server error." Email is the same as the one for my forum account, Tom, if need it to figure out what's going on.

I believe I can answer your questions, as the same thing happened to me & I consulted with Tom regarding it:

1) Only part of the key is going through, which leads to it giving a false login password.
2) The server error is because you are using the same email (it would allow a different email).
3) Tom asked that I email him from my email account used for that game account, with the details of the issue. I'll message you the email that he directed me to email to.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #9: September 11, 2016, 09:58:16 PM »
What Bael said. Also, it really just says "server error"? It should really show something more informative.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: September 11, 2016, 10:23:16 PM »
What Bael said. Also, it really just says "server error"? It should really show something more informative.

Yep

Bael

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 11, 2016, 10:38:15 PM »
Looks like the well is now having no effect on fields  ;D

Eberhorst has over 50 fields, and the well wasn't manned on day 3. No fields were negatively affected.

And the lumuria/jira site also seems to be down right now  ;D

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 12, 2016, 10:22:48 AM »
If I use the ID and access key from Jun 22nd, the most recent I appear to have, it tells me I either have the wrong ID or Key. If I attempt register with that email it tells me, "Server error. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, please report it on the forum." It has been 18+ hours, so I believe I have fulfilled both the try again later and report on forum requirements.

If you want to check your logs, you should see an access attempt at approx 0920 GMT+1 (which is local to you Tom, IIRC) failing for user ID 26 and then a failing attempt to register with me email address. I also sent you the email with ID and key from the address I was trying to use Tom.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:24:53 AM by Andrew »
Like my programming? Become my patron!

James

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 12, 2016, 03:20:01 PM »
Might be an issue with food consumption again. My family in one game (day 30) has 2 fine, 2 hungry, and 2 famished...

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #14: September 12, 2016, 08:04:08 PM »
If I use the ID and access key from Jun 22nd, the most recent I appear to have, it tells me I either have the wrong ID or Key. If I attempt register with that email it tells me, "Server error. Please try again in a few minutes. If the problem persists, please report it on the forum." It has been 18+ hours, so I believe I have fulfilled both the try again later and report on forum requirements.

If you want to check your logs, you should see an access attempt at approx 0920 GMT+1 (which is local to you Tom, IIRC) failing for user ID 26 and then a failing attempt to register with me email address. I also sent you the email with ID and key from the address I was trying to use Tom.

Strange, I see no errors in the logfiles. I don't even see an access at all. I need to check timezones.