Author Topic: The Feast of the Black Swan  (Read 7434 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: The Feast of the Black Swan
« Reply #15: September 11, 2016, 05:13:22 PM »
Roleplay from Tsubhia Faraya[/size]   [/color][/size](10 hours, 52 minutes ago)[/color][/size]message to all nobles of Greater Xavax[/size][/color][/size]
.Tsubhia took another sip of mead and had to force herself to knock it the rest of the way back.

MEAD?  You're struggling... with mead.

It's... not my usual kind of drink! I like... wine.

Weren't you talking about getting a 'stiff drink' the other night, when you got ill news of Noritor?

Of course! Those ones with all the cordials and exotic juices! Sometimes they come with a little hide umbrella. You have to give the umbrella back, though.

Mercy, child, in a room full of warrior nobles... at least it doesn't show on your face.

I'm a warrior! I fought a king! TWICE!

In practice, certainly, you can operate excellently on a battlefield. It's a cultural... thing... nevermind. You're drunk.

I am not!

You're not your usual gloomy, dramatically-tinged self. You're drunk.

What, I'm drunk because I'm having FUN?

You're literally conversing with the voice of self-doubt in your head.

!@#$, that's true.

And you lost track of Countess Dragonfyre.

Double !@#$! Tsubhia scanned the room, sifting through both the crowd and her double vision, and managed to pick Gia's mask out. She was talking to another pair
of fresh-faced nobles. Tsubhia looked for an opening and then darted across the inn, sloshing her mead slightly on a patron or two. Ignoring the noises of irritation
behind her, she plopped herself on the fringe of the conversation between the Countess and the two nobles. As she waited in a fashion she believed to be patient (too
drunk to notice her own fidgeting and sighing and shifting of weight,) she took note that the man looked less the noble and more the ruffian, though he carried himself
with some surety. The woman, on the other hand, was clearly trying to keep to herself and enjoy her drink. Tsubhia also noted the woman suddenly becoming very flushed,
but was too inebriated to puzzle out the exact reason.

Finally, tired of waiting, she tapped them all successively on their shoulders.

"Greetings! I'm... I'm Tsubhia Faraya, and I just was talking to Countess... Contessa... do you like Countess or Contessa or is there a specific preference in Xavax I can
never 'member... ANYWAY I was talking to her and said how exciting it is to have all these newcomers - isn't it exciting it's SO exciting a Call to Arms I would never have
DREAMED - and that I wanted to help her inspire the recruits and then she gave me some mead and then we were friends and then I got lost but now HERE I AM and HI. How are
you?"

And you didn't even fall over once. I'm very impressed.

"Shh!" She didn't realize she had just shushed HERSELF until she saw the quizzical tint to the faces of the nobles before her. "Um, not you! Um, I just don't always do well
in noisy crowds, silly me, haha! Anyway I'm really looking forward to fighting alongside all of you and now I'm just going to be here, and, um, be excited! Hooray!"

Your oratory skills are nothing short of dazzling, Tsubhia Faraya. I strongly suggest you lay off the mead for the rest of the evening.

For once, she thought to herself, I completely agree with you.
[/color]
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"