Author Topic: The Feast of the Black Swan  (Read 7436 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: The Feast of the Black Swan
« Reply #15: September 11, 2016, 05:14:39 PM »
Roleplay from Nicolas Harkle[/size]   [/color][/size](8 hours, 17 minutes ago)[/color][/size]message to all nobles of Greater Xavax[/size][/color][/size]
ISADRIL - NIGHT OF THE BLACK SWAN MASQUERADE BALL

"You need a mask, sir.", the guard growled.

"A what?", Harkled asked.

"A mask, this is a masquerade party. By the order of her high majesty."

Nicolas sighed and stepped out of the line. Captain Ulfman fell into step beside him as they walked aimlessly down the street.

"Damnit, now what?"

"Sire, I still think this is a bad idea, we could always head back to camp.", Ulfman replied.

"Nonsense. I at least want a drink for my troubles. Hmm, I have an idea..."

The two men wandered through the strets of the stronghold until they came upon a guard patrol.

"Halt! Who goes there at this hour of the night?", a guard called out.

"Sir Nicolas Harkle, sworn knight of the Imperium, that's who.", Nicolas grunted.

The guards immediately halted and stood stiff at attention.

"My lord, we are so sorry, we are doing our jobs-"

"Enough. I can see that. Had you not stopped me I would have a much more coarse demeanor than I do as of now. You seem to be fine men. Let me relieve you of your watch, here, take a small pouch of gold to split amongst yourselves. You are fine guardsmen."

The guard who spoke hesitated at first, then reconsidered saying no to a knight. As he reached for the pouch, Nicolas stopped him.

"One condition though, I need two of you to give me your armor and weapons."

----

The two guards walked up to the enterance of the Black Swan Inn, and approached the sentry at the front.

"Hail, the captain of the watch has ordered us to relieve two fellows inside.", Nicolas said.

The guard at the door shook his head and sighed. "Been a long night, wish I could get some sleep."

Nicolas laughed, "Aye, we just served a 10 hour watch on the walls. You'd think we have enough security with the whole damned army here."

The guard laughed and let them in.

Nicolas looked at his captain.

"Let the festivities commence!"
[/color]
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"