Author Topic: Separate Rogue Realms  (Read 7033 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Separate Rogue Realms
« Topic Start: June 30, 2011, 09:23:33 AM »
I've always been fan of making AI interact, and I guess it would add a little realism to the game if Monsters, Undead and Angry Peasants were from separate rogue realms. Not sure if that is too hard to code...
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Separate Rogue Realms
« Reply #1: June 30, 2011, 02:14:02 PM »
It would be difficult to do, and would add basically nothing to the game.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 30, 2011, 02:59:54 PM »
NPC monsters and and undead are barely even intelligent. Monsters are mindless beasts that roam in packs and move randomly. Undead are probably little more than armed zombies. How would they even form realms?

Angry peasants are just that, angry peasants. They're less than nothing. How would they form realms?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 30, 2011, 03:00:48 PM »
Furthermore, with a change that went live a few months ago, if there are peasants or other human rogues in a region with monsters & undead, they will fight them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

songqu88@gmail.com

« Reply #4: June 30, 2011, 03:46:55 PM »
I've always been fan of making AI interact, and I guess it would add a little realism to the game if Monsters, Undead and Angry Peasants were from separate rogue realms. Not sure if that is too hard to code...

Yeah...the point is to make HUMANS interact. If that means having less AI interaction such that humans get the idea, then that's all the better.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 30, 2011, 07:26:28 PM »
Sacha, Realms as (rogues) is a realm, not a United Angry Peasants Democracy, or something along that. I mean in game mechanics.

Anaris, it would be basically that the request, happy to know it already exists. Question: what about Undead and Monsters? Didn't they hate each other?
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: June 30, 2011, 07:28:30 PM »
Anaris, it would be basically that the request, happy to know it already exists. Question: what about Undead and Monsters? Didn't they hate each other?

The mindless undead and the ravening, animal monsters?

I don't think they have enough intelligence between them to hate.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: June 30, 2011, 09:05:48 PM »
The mindless undead and the ravening, animal monsters?

I don't think they have enough intelligence between them to hate.

But wouldn't they eat each other? It's lower brains and rotten meat, sure, but are you gonna do when there's no fat jolly peasants around?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: June 30, 2011, 09:07:23 PM »
But wouldn't they eat each other? It's lower brains and rotten meat, sure, but are you gonna do when there's no fat jolly peasants around?

Undead don't eat brains.

Monsters don't eat bones that fight back.
Timothy Collett

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 30, 2011, 10:25:36 PM »
Undead don't eat brains.

Monsters don't eat bones that fight back.

So you say that peasants just sit around and do nothing when they get eaten? :P

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 30, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »
So you say that peasants just sit around and do nothing when they get eaten? :P

No, that's meat that fights back.

Important difference.
Timothy Collett

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 01, 2011, 04:27:53 AM »
I thought there would be hatred between the Undead and the Monsters because of some stuff I picked from here: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Repository_of_Knowledge/Monsters

That would be:

Epic cannot stand the sight of undead. They are less than humans, so he finds no reason at all to even be in the presence of such. Worst of all, he cannot eat them or feed them to the young.

How could she continue to live in this world now that Sword has perished, carried away by the undead swarm. It was unthinkable that he would fall in battle, let alone to the loathsome, inhuman, and disgusting swarm of used-to-be-human beings.

Daimons and Undead are nuisances, for the Daimons have allowed themselves to be governed by mere humans and the Undead have lost their supreme leadership. They will be crushed in time, yet there is something more than that.

1) Do the Monsters desire the destruction or defeat of the Daimons?
2) Do the Monsters desire the destruction or defeat of the Undead?
3) Do the Monsters desire the destruction or subjugation of humanity?

All of them will be defeated or subjugated, this cannot be questioned. The question is whether any humans will retain favour of my Epic.

But my Epic does recognize that you humans can be of help in ridding this land of the foul creatures of Undead and Daimons who have long disrupted the plans of our ancestors, and you do have certain skills in taking care of the land.

Am I wrong?

egamma

« Reply #12: July 01, 2011, 05:29:12 AM »
Those are special monsters, and special undead--think of them more like aliens than unthinking beasts and shambling skeletons.

That's right--the Fourth Invasion involved space ships cleverly disguised as barns.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 01, 2011, 05:51:12 AM »
Not to mention they were controlled by human players.

egamma

« Reply #14: July 01, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »
Not to mention they were controlled by human players.

No, that's not true. The monsters were controlled by a sophisticated neuro-implant system that self-destructed whenever a monster was killed so that the humans couldn't find it. The undead were animated by nanomachines that used the bone structures of the dead. The invasion was basically a proxy war for 3 alien species--the monster-controllers, the nanobot makers, and the daimons, who actually fought as themselves.