Author Topic: The game really needs "confirmation option" for actions  (Read 8768 times)

Zakilevo

On PC? I hardly misclick anything on PC... It is pretty hard to misclick on PC.

T0mislav

On PC? I hardly misclick anything on PC... It is pretty hard to misclick on PC.

Surely that on mobile phone misclicks are much more often then on PC - at mobile phone I misclick something practically each time I log in from mobile phone (mostly harmless like wrong letter or open "Messages" instead "Information" or something like that)... but last couple of days I had two really bad misclicks that combined costed my character his monthly income.
But in 10 years, how long I am playing BM, it happened to me at least dozen of times that I misclicked on PC as well and one of those misclicks costed me unique sword.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:22:41 PM by T0mislav »

Victor C

• Board Moderator
  • Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
I just read some really hard to achieve misclicks... Dropping your unique item requires SKILL. I mean. You gotta go to that page by misclicking like crazy and then you gotta somehow get the mouse over the drop button... (That's a bit of a distance of mouse movement just on that page).

I am just curious how your mouse looks like btw... Normal mouses make it PRETTY hard to mistake your left click and scroll wheel.

I apologize, but... You REALLY need to be careful, this argument applies GREATLY. I mean, especially on PC... Your cursor doesn't magically click elsewhere like on a mobile... PC, your pointer tells you exactly where you're clicking.  (If you can't see it... Go to your desktop, click personalize and look for "Mouse settings" or "Cursor settings" something along those lines and make it Bigger, different colour, Whatever you need to do to understand where your mouse is at all times).

To prevent anymore sorrow, I advise you click the scroll wheel (actually push it down), it will allow you to simply move your page with the positioning of your mouse. (No scroll wheeling or clicking required!) When you want to stop the automatic scrolling, click your left mouse button and it will do so.

(The farther away your mouse is from that original point, the faster your page is going to scroll. You'll see the mark of origin marked on the page by a circle when you move your mouse away. If you put your cursor back at the point of origin, the page will become stationary but your automatic scroll is still activated.)

With your mobile, the best and most IMPORTANT tip I can give you is, DON'T RUSH... Take your time and slowly put your finger on the screen. If you're misclicking like crazy, stop and aim your finger and slowly put it where it needs to go.

If the buttons are really close together, zoom in. Give it a second to recognize the screen change (your phone is not as fast as a computer, it needs time to adjust) then carefully put your finger down on the screen.)
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

T0mislav

I just read some really hard to achieve misclicks... Dropping your unique item requires SKILL. I mean. You gotta go to that page by misclicking like crazy and then you gotta somehow get the mouse over the drop button... (That's a bit of a distance of mouse movement just on that page).

Actually it was not that hard at all... it was that I just bought the item and while I was admiring to my new sword I reached for a glass of water back on my desk and accidentally left-clicked with my elbow - having cursor on a wrong place it was bye-bye to my sword.

Victor C

• Board Moderator
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
I've added a few photos to assist in the display of effectiveness of zooming in. (Neither is maxiumly zoomed in, just moderately enough to get the idea...)
(Top is Normal sized, bottom is Zoomed in)
http://imgur.com/Q4XCqN6

http://imgur.com/LsLNuVi

(Top is Normal sized, bottom is Zoomed In)
http://imgur.com/F6EMwHq

http://imgur.com/ovWi76G

Actually it was not that hard at all... it was that I just bought the item and while I was admiring to my new sword I reached for a glass of water back on my desk and accidentally left-clicked with my elbow - having cursor on a wrong place it was bye-bye to my sword.
Oh my, the tears I would have shed... No more water for me  :'(
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 10:52:32 PM by Victor C »
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I've added a few photos to assist in the display of effectiveness of zooming in. (Neither is maxiumly zoomed in, just moderately enough to get the idea...)
(Top is Normal sized, bottom is Zoomed in)
http://imgur.com/Q4XCqN6

http://imgur.com/LsLNuVi

(Top is Normal sized, bottom is Zoomed In)
http://imgur.com/F6EMwHq

http://imgur.com/ovWi76G
Oh my, the tears I would have shed... No more water for me  :'(

Please stop being patronizing and tell us something we don't know. Even zoomed in a large way, mobile has extremely imprecise clicking, especially with samsung phones where the edge of the screen just happens to be curved for all kinds of shenanigans to happen. By the way, not all of us use portrait view when looking at the website, I personally prefer landscape.

Victor C

• Board Moderator
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Please stop being patronizing and tell us something we don't know. Even zoomed in a large way, mobile has extremely imprecise clicking, especially with samsung phones where the edge of the screen just happens to be curved for all kinds of shenanigans to happen. By the way, not all of us use portrait view when looking at the website, I personally prefer landscape.

Whether or not you're in landscape or portrait does not matter, the zoom function still works the same.

(Photo example of what I'm saying below)
http://imgur.com/MXDseXF

Go to your settings and turn on the developer options. Find the Input section and turn on the two that I have in the photo. Here it will show you what your phone sees when you touch your screen. This should help you understand exactly why you are misclicking. The drawn path is the path of your finger until you release your finger and touch the screen again (one path on the screen at a time).  You can either turn off the drawing and simply let the dot stay as well (the dot disappears less than a second after your finger lifts). This will assist you in your quest to understand why you're misclicking  ;D especially in landscape.

I apologize if I seem patronizing. I have no idea what you know... I use Mobile more often and as such, I've learned to write entire roleplays on it, etc... Everything I do in game is by mobile... The point being, I have grown habits and different understandings than you. My goal is to explain things as simply as I can without making it too complicated.

Think of it like this: If you're struggling and suddenly ask me the question, "What do you think of black holes?"

Would you rather me tell you:

The notion that there are tiny hairs beyond the event horizon is absurd and i believe that Stephen Hawking has lost his mind.

Or

In a black a hole, we call the point in which gravity becomes too strong to escape, the event horizon, where light starts to gets sucked in. Inside the event horizon, we have the more interior which has an insane amount of force towards the center. Stephen Hawking came up with a new theory that inside this center area, there are millions of hairs. I believe that's absurd.

If you know nothing of black holes or Stephen Hawking 's theory... Then you'd be like "What?". 

Please, don't take offense, I'm trying to help you.  :D if we find a good solution with minimal work, that helps everyone, right?

T0mislav

Thank you Victor C for your suggestions, but all you said we already know.
My point was that lot of players way too often face with this problem (some get damaged for weeks - even months of gameplay) that can easily be fully avoided by only few lines of code (simple Yes/No popup to confirm execution of actions).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 08:14:19 AM by T0mislav »

DK

• Noble Lord
  • Nothing is greater than GreaterHaven
    • View Profile
Just throwing out a suggestion. The "Set Him Free" option and "Torture Him" option is kinda too near to each other.  Honestly, I would say that the dungeon actions are a bit quite dangerous.

Background information on this family.
Take his gold - dishonourable, but fast cash.
Set him free - no strings attached.
Torture him - may get you a look into his recent past, but is very dishonourable.
Deport him - not possible for this one; he is not a criminal.
Have him executed - you can not execute this one; he is not a criminal.
Talk with him - maybe you can convince him to join your realm or give you valuable information.

Above is a list of the dungeon actions that are not in order. The "Talk with him" option is below the "Have him executed". Maybe an orderly way would to separate the "do something to him" options away from the "background, talking, set him free" options.

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Just throwing out a suggestion. The "Set Him Free" option and "Torture Him" option is kinda too near to each other.  Honestly, I would say that the dungeon actions are a bit quite dangerous.

Background information on this family.
Take his gold - dishonourable, but fast cash.
Set him free - no strings attached.
Torture him - may get you a look into his recent past, but is very dishonourable.
Deport him - not possible for this one; he is not a criminal.
Have him executed - you can not execute this one; he is not a criminal.
Talk with him - maybe you can convince him to join your realm or give you valuable information.

Above is a list of the dungeon actions that are not in order. The "Talk with him" option is below the "Have him executed". Maybe an orderly way would to separate the "do something to him" options away from the "background, talking, set him free" options.

We brought this up before as well, cause it wouldn't be the first time it goes wrong.

"Well of course my dear fellow, I'll set you free without taking your gold and you can tell your realm how friendly we are and perhaps we can achieve peace" ---> Torture...aaah !@#$ing misclick, no no no!
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
1. A long time ago, at my first playing round (before quitting), I asked the very same question. Confirmation screens. Was told the exact same answer you get now, simply no. I'm pretty sure there are reasons, and I can live with it. We gotta be careful and unfortunately misclicks happen. Sometimes to some grave results. But lets use that 'chance' to RP around it or anything. Nothing we can do about it.

By the way, never had that much misclicks as you. The most often it happens that I loot without setting the correct options, or losing a half finished message or those things.

2. I am open for a list of areas where the link order could be improved, like the dungeon actions you just mentioned. List them all up and we can look and review them and perhaps change something.

3. Place buttons further apart is definately on the agenda. Just need someone to take the time.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)