Author Topic: Rejected: Royal Edict / Decree  (Read 19907 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Royal Edict / Decree
« Reply #60: January 12, 2017, 05:56:40 AM »
Mostly I would use it for RP planning/status and other projects That I want to make sure the players see without beating them over the head with multiple messages. Things like "The SuchnSuch Rp will start on Sunday" Or "Talk to SonSo about your wiki" or anything else that comes to mind that might be a good way to invest players who might otherwise have skimmed through and missed it. Things that should be separate from military orders, yet are pertinent to the realm. I got the idea from "Message of the Day" (MoD) notifications one gets in mmo's if they are in a guild. Yes, we are talking about GX now, but I would love to see more realms get built back up to those kinds of numbers.

Investing new players has been a project of mine for some time now. The number one complaint I've had from new people that have left are feelings of being overwhelmed, unable to catch up or make heads or tails of situations they get dropped in the middle of. I and the other GX players have been fortunate to get a lot of people to stick around, but we have gained and lost over 30 accounts and I wonder how many we might have retained had we different tools to anchor them.

To that end, I find existing methods to be cumbersome and ineffective, and co'opting a marshal's standing orders would only add confusion.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"