Author Topic: Rejected: Royal Edict / Decree  (Read 19917 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Royal Edict / Decree
« Reply #60: January 12, 2017, 09:07:49 PM »
Are you kidding? I see unit settings in general bulletins all the frigging time. Maybe GX wouldn't use it as an extra ruler bulletin, maybe it would, regardless, wouldn't stop others from doing so.

Every hollow message is annoying when logging into with a cell. I don't mind too much on my computer, but on a cell... Tack on a destitute royal message the ruler put there forever ago and that's just a vanity disclaimer, to incredibly outdated marshal standing orders as isn't uncommon, to a few pinned messages you haven't gotten to reply to yet or just want to be able to contact someone with the hot dial... on a cell, it gets really long, really fast. And it pops back every. Single. Login.

Most people don't consult the ruler bulletin because most ruler bulletins are incredibly outdated and were never relevant to begin with.

For the things you mention, I honestly think the ruler bulletin would work quite fine. Every time you update it, the whole realm gets a notification. If you get your players used to looking there for such info, they'll get the habit of doing it.

Of course, people can get overwhelmed by these things in GX... imo, what you ask for isn't the solution, it's pretty much an extension of the cause. Everything is so centralized. It all seems to revolve about bringing everyone around the Xerarch. It's about those singular events that target masses. If it was all broken down into pieces, with groups instead of a singular whole, it would be much easier for participants to keep up. The more massive you make the events, the more people will just give up and skim through it at best, skip it entirely otherwise. Just like the ridiculous tournaments from back in the days. There comes a point where people shouldn't be expected to read it all, and that people should be able to get involved without needing to start binge reading hundreds of messages per day.

Where !@#$ing hell do you see unit settings in a Generals Bulletin? As a person who has held that position, I can tell you that any General who does so and relies on people using that to have the right unit settings is criminally incompetent and should be protested out right away.

Honestly all the things you speak of are a textbook definition of how not to run a realm, and I feel like you're pulling this crap out of thin air.