Author Topic: Astrum vs Westgard  (Read 20676 times)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
Re: Astrum vs Westgard
« Reply #45: October 02, 2016, 03:06:15 AM »

As to the war, I am afraid this will be a losing battle for Westgard in my opinion. Astrum has a strong army and not as 'dumb' as the monster hordes of course. But at the same time Astrum will also be hit hard in Eidulb by monsters and must protect that city as well.

Westgard only has a city now, you should understand more than anyone what is to defend a city from multiple enemies. It doesn't matter the forces Astrum brings, they should have the financial and recruitment power to overwhelm Westgard in open field battles (most of times), but as  One Single Realm, they cant win a battle with Westgard defending Gelene Outskirts much less Gelene City. So the words "destroying Westgard" is out of context.

Westgard had face hordes of monsters running in the 35K+ CS, they have lose all but two regions multiple times, and once left with Gelene alone. So everyone in Westgard will enjoy tea while Astrum travels, fight monsters attacks a defensive location, go back refit fighting  more undeads on their way back, more time traveling back, recruit, and repeat.

In fact, i am amazed the monsters haven't given up on Westgard by now, thanks the devs. for such devoted adversary.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:11:39 AM by Sonya »

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: October 02, 2016, 03:11:58 AM »
In fact, i am amazed the monsters haven't given up on Westgard by now

They like the taste of our peasants too much  ;)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 03:16:15 AM by Foxglove »

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: October 02, 2016, 03:20:35 AM »
...I think it's also worth noting that once Westgard can take Ygg d'Razhuul, that will cut off the rogue regions between there and Arnor from the main body of rogue regions in the west.

That will make all monsters in those regions "dumb," and spawns there weaker.

Thus, Westgard can literally act as a shield for the realms of the east, and wiping them out will do you all a disservice.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: October 02, 2016, 04:53:46 AM »
...I think it's also worth noting that once Westgard can take Ygg d'Razhuul, that will cut off the rogue regions between there and Arnor from the main body of rogue regions in the west.

That will make all monsters in those regions "dumb," and spawns there weaker.

Thus, Westgard can literally act as a shield for the realms of the east, and wiping them out will do you all a disservice.

As I myself have mentioned IC in a roundabout way. My character basically is of the mindset "unless Astrum is able to protect the same area they currently do, Astrum is doing something stupid, selfish, and shortsighted"

Zakilevo

« Reply #49: October 02, 2016, 05:02:08 AM »
And now somebody is bringing forum knowledge over to the game. I wonder who... Do please learn to separate IC and OoC please.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: October 02, 2016, 05:24:40 AM »
But wasn't Forums labeled as IC before?

i cant recall when or where but i remember it was stated that forums was IC.

Zakilevo

« Reply #51: October 02, 2016, 05:27:21 AM »
Umm No. It was stated before that nobody should post anything related IG stuff -usually letters- here. Guess most of here forgot about that rule. Forum is strictly OoC. You don't take stuff from here and post back in the game. That is a big no no.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:30:49 AM by Zakky »

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: October 02, 2016, 05:31:41 AM »
Maybe it was part of Atamara's Madness  then.... ;D ;D ;D

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: October 02, 2016, 05:33:42 AM »
Forums is OOC.

Whoever told you it was IC was wrong and was probably unknowingly defying the rules.

Here is the link to the forum rules:

http://forum.battlemaster.org/index.php/topic,5167.0.html

The forum is for discussing things about the game. In-game matters should only be discussed in the game.
Do not post in-game messages on the forum, other than posting your own Roleplays on the Roleplay board, or when appropriate as part of a Magistrate case. Players may post the roleplayed death of their character on the Roleplay boards without sending it in-game, since they cannot post it in-game.

All Forum discussion is Out of Character.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: October 02, 2016, 05:43:52 AM »
I understand, maybe i got confused with the Role-play Forums's section.

Konrad

• BM Dev Team
  • Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: October 02, 2016, 06:32:00 AM »
Regarding this situation, I don't see why Westgard can be okay with their ruler spewing aggressive garbage on the rulers channel for MONTHS and then be so surprised about the logical consequences. Having had to read the copy-pasted messages for so long in my character's feed, I don't really have a ton of sympathy.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: October 02, 2016, 09:23:39 PM »
Well, it hardly matters now what our ruler did or didn't do. At least life with a Hemmings at the helm is never boring.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: October 04, 2016, 01:06:00 AM »
Part of the issue was very calculated distribution of "facts" to the realm from the crown, when they were given at all. We were treated like mushrooms and not privy to higher/realm/royal discussions, even in the council.

Zakilevo

« Reply #58: October 13, 2016, 01:38:53 AM »
Well there you have it. With Hemmings gone, Westgard became a sane realm willing to actually cooperate. Looks like Westgard and Astrum will work on being friends again.