Author Topic: New Beginnings  (Read 21735 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: New Beginnings
« Reply #30: October 08, 2016, 09:25:39 PM »
Taselak started out with as many characters as Sandalak did, no more than a 1-character difference. Only Ikalak started out with an advantage, but even with a starting advantage, they've gained more new players than others.

There were no alliances between realms last time (all 3 locked into war) and they still formed teams against each other, so its not like they couldn't do the same still. But yes, with limited communication it is harder to coordinate cooperation, so hopefully we see more 1vs1vs1 instead of 2vs1.

EDIT: another idea crossing me mind on ikalak general title idea - First Sea Lord, like the First Captain.

I'm going to sound like I m bemoaning things here which I'm not because it is what it is and will move as it does.

Giving a numerical advantage at start up makes it more likely that a realm will recruit more based on  the likelihood of playing with individuals you may know already and like. So a tilt from the start will have an early influence... ongoing that will change hopefully. Money and land advantages are far less than the advantage of a greater number of nobles.