Author Topic: New Beginnings  (Read 21729 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: New Beginnings
« Reply #30: October 08, 2016, 03:31:06 PM »
Taselak started out with as many characters as Sandalak did, no more than a 1-character difference. Only Ikalak started out with an advantage, but even with a starting advantage, they've gained more new players than others.

There were no alliances between realms last time (all 3 locked into war) and they still formed teams against each other, so its not like they couldn't do the same still. But yes, with limited communication it is harder to coordinate cooperation, so hopefully we see more 1vs1vs1 instead of 2vs1.

EDIT: another idea crossing me mind on ikalak general title idea - First Sea Lord, like the First Captain.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:01:35 PM by Vita »

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: October 08, 2016, 09:25:39 PM »
Taselak started out with as many characters as Sandalak did, no more than a 1-character difference. Only Ikalak started out with an advantage, but even with a starting advantage, they've gained more new players than others.

There were no alliances between realms last time (all 3 locked into war) and they still formed teams against each other, so its not like they couldn't do the same still. But yes, with limited communication it is harder to coordinate cooperation, so hopefully we see more 1vs1vs1 instead of 2vs1.

EDIT: another idea crossing me mind on ikalak general title idea - First Sea Lord, like the First Captain.

I'm going to sound like I m bemoaning things here which I'm not because it is what it is and will move as it does.

Giving a numerical advantage at start up makes it more likely that a realm will recruit more based on  the likelihood of playing with individuals you may know already and like. So a tilt from the start will have an early influence... ongoing that will change hopefully. Money and land advantages are far less than the advantage of a greater number of nobles.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: October 08, 2016, 10:48:06 PM »
I'm going to sound like I m bemoaning things here which I'm not because it is what it is and will move as it does.

Giving a numerical advantage at start up makes it more likely that a realm will recruit more based on  the likelihood of playing with individuals you may know already and like. So a tilt from the start will have an early influence... ongoing that will change hopefully. Money and land advantages are far less than the advantage of a greater number of nobles.

You of all people should be used to challenging situations  ;D
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: October 08, 2016, 11:00:45 PM »
That's true...

Are you saying they've stacked the odds against me because I'm so amazing - If so I like your logic lol
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:10:27 AM by Chamberlain »

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: October 09, 2016, 12:52:22 AM »
That's true...

Are you saying they've stacked the odds against me because I'm so amazing - If so I like your logic lol

Uh yeah sure...! Go get'm!
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: October 09, 2016, 01:20:18 AM »
All nobles were distributed randomly. There was no decision that decided to give Ikalak a numerical advantage or to stack the odds against anyone; the goal was as equitable a start as possible while also preserving the victor characters from the previous round. We actually re-distributed characters several times because of either player or gold imbalances. The one that we finally stuck with in starting each realm was the most equal split between characters and gold amounts per-realm. And then we still double-checked that victor government members were equally split between each realm. Or as evenly as possible with 4 gov members and 3 realms - Sandalak got 2 gov members.

I think more likely is that Ikalak's culture attracted more nobles to it than Taselak or Sandalak.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:23:18 AM by Vita »

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 09, 2016, 01:42:38 AM »
You just said in your message before this one that you started Ikalak with a player advantage. ..

Make your mind up.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 09, 2016, 02:40:14 AM »
You're right. I did say Ikalak started with a playercount advantage two posts ago. As a statement of the fact that Ikalak did start with more players than the other two realms, but not as a statement that we decided to intentionally start Ikalak with that advantage against other realms. Is that more clear now? Sorry for any confusion.

EDIT: Also, Ikalak leads in most paused characters so far.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:46:45 AM by Vita »

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: October 09, 2016, 04:14:38 AM »
I'm going to stop now because I sound like I'm moaning when in fact I am proper looking forward lol.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: October 09, 2016, 04:51:02 AM »
Again, I apologize for any confusion I may have caused.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: October 10, 2016, 07:44:19 AM »
Uh yeah sure...! Go get'm!
Gotta catch em all!

All nobles were distributed randomly. There was no decision that decided to give Ikalak a numerical advantage or to stack the odds against anyone; the goal was as equitable a start as possible while also preserving the victor characters from the previous round. We actually re-distributed characters several times because of either player or gold imbalances. The one that we finally stuck with in starting each realm was the most equal split between characters and gold amounts per-realm. And then we still double-checked that victor government members were equally split between each realm. Or as evenly as possible with 4 gov members and 3 realms - Sandalak got 2 gov members.

I think more likely is that Ikalak's culture attracted more nobles to it than Taselak or Sandalak.
No wonder I saw Misty name being distributed to Taselak even though she is dead from death duel. So I decided to start my new character in Taselak in conjunction with Misty name being there.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: October 11, 2016, 02:48:20 AM »
I've archived the previous realm wiki pages and re-established new realm wiki pages for each realm, if anyone wishes to further embellish their realm's page. So far that seems to be only Sandalak.

Zakilevo

« Reply #42: October 11, 2016, 02:50:10 AM »
I've archived the previous realm wiki pages and re-established new realm wiki pages for each realm, if anyone wishes to further embellish their realm's page. So far that seems to be only Sandalak.

Not before Taselak gets a full name at least.

Zakilevo

« Reply #43: October 11, 2016, 06:36:23 AM »
Taselak loses in CoG. This is a freaking repeat of the fourth island. Taselak losing 2 rounds in a row in CoG. Terrible...