Author Topic: Becoming a follower of some religion  (Read 1745 times)

T0mislav

Becoming a follower of some religion
« Topic Start: October 01, 2016, 07:20:06 PM »
Can noble character become a follower of some religion other way then traveling to nearest temple to the religion and applying for membership there?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Becoming a follower of some religion
« Reply #1: October 01, 2016, 07:20:45 PM »
If you know an elder priest, you can request a private sermon, which will get you into the religion too.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

T0mislav

« Reply #2: October 01, 2016, 07:24:49 PM »
Yes... I thought I had that option when I played priest character... "invite to dinner" option - or something like that... but it was long time ago.
Can you remind me where can elder priest find the option?

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 01, 2016, 07:26:08 PM »
Yes... I thought I had that option when I played priest character... "invite to dinner" option - or something like that... but it was long time ago.
Can you remind me where can elder priest find the option?

I believe it was in actions.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 01, 2016, 07:44:36 PM »
By 'know', he means 'be in the same region'.

The elder priest doesn't do anything himself. It's the character inviting the elder-priest in the same region to give a sermon. I believe Actions for that link is correct though. It says 'Invite a Priest...' I believe.

EDIT: After the invitation, *then* the elder priest does write something up as a reply. Then, the other character can accept to join the religion. And provide the priest a donation of gold.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 08:11:29 PM by Vita »