Author Topic: Brainstorming: More Steward Abilities  (Read 7844 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Brainstorming: More Steward Abilities
« Reply #15: November 25, 2018, 12:44:58 AM »
Stewards being able to harm the region just reduces the odds of people being made stewards.

And I disagree that this game needs more functions to !@#$ with one's own realm. We have enough of those, let's get back to the "realm as a team" spirit please.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 25, 2018, 05:50:31 AM »
I am actually against allowing stewards to build temples. It would be weird to have a steward that follows a different faith than that of his lord.

Well they can already follow a different faith. It doesn't seem weird to me that a lord might permit his vassal of another faith to build a shrine or temple to worship at, provided the lord's religion is a tolerant one, or at least that lord has a tolerant attitude towards his religion.

I think that sort of situation is exactly what we need more of, consequential decisions that concern relationships between players. There are so many ways this can create new intrigue and conflict.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: December 16, 2018, 08:49:39 PM »
Stewards being able to harm the region just reduces the odds of people being made stewards.

And I disagree that this game needs more functions to !@#$ with one's own realm. We have enough of those, let's get back to the "realm as a team" spirit please.

If that's the case we should get rid of the food trading ability and switch to the other ones because it's by far the one with the most potential to destroy a region. However I reiterate, we don't see that happening. I've never seen it happen even once. The closest is, and this is still just a suspicion, I'm pretty sure someone sold off a ton of Astrum's food during the war with Niselur, resulting in mass starvation. However that wasn't a steward and may have been the banker himself.

"Realm as a team" is one thing, "realm as a bunch of best friends" is another. You can have rivalries within a team. In fact you can have teams in which one team mate sabotages another to advance. They may even do this because they think it's in the best interest of the team, after all they're better than that other teammate. I always appreciate this sort of intrigue.

If people are reluctant to give out stewardships then it should be incentivized. This could be as simple as just making sure newbies know stewardships are a thing. I think most knights will want one and will ask their lords for one. If the lord doesn't deliver they might just leave for another lord who will.

Also if we make one that can refill the monster and undead bounties they should be called "Master of Hunt" -  (yes I have been playing Crusader Kings II why do you ask?)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:05:47 PM by pcw27 »

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: December 17, 2018, 01:34:14 PM »

Also if we make one that can refill the monster and undead bounties they should be called "Master of Hunt" -  (yes I have been playing Crusader Kings II why do you ask?)

Stewards can already refill the bounty pots on DWI.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: December 17, 2018, 06:13:54 PM »
I wish filling bounties was automatic. It is so annoying to do it manually.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: December 17, 2018, 06:14:59 PM »
There are a number of things I'd like to give Lords the option to fill automatically from taxes; this is one of them.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: December 17, 2018, 06:20:20 PM »
There are a number of things I'd like to give Lords the option to fill automatically from taxes; this is one of them.

<3

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: December 20, 2018, 07:08:47 AM »
That would be nice.  :)