Poll

What is your favorite government

Monarchy
Theocracy
Tyranny
Republic
Democracy
Anarchy

Author Topic: Favorite Government System  (Read 8029 times)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Government System
« Reply #15: July 04, 2011, 06:52:13 AM »
People don't use weighted votes? I love them. I use them whenever I can. And push for them whenever I can too. Gives an incentive to lords to share a piece of their pie and to compete for knights. Them regular knights need a bit of lovin', after all. Hence my love for  republican theocracies: great power at the top, but great incentive to care for the bottom. With the extra stability of being able to totally muzzle exiles that come in batches from elsewhere by denying them any lordship and disregarding their opinions when it comes to voting.

Ditto.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 07, 2011, 03:09:18 PM »
People don't use weighted votes? I love them. I use them whenever I can. And push for them whenever I can too. Gives an incentive to lords to share a piece of their pie and to compete for knights.
You're talking about "representative" voting, where a lord votes for himself and all his knights. The OP is talking about the old weighted voting system, where different people get different numbers of votes, based on things like rank and prestige. i.e. a noble with 100 prestige gets 10 votes, but a noble with 10 prestige only gets 1 vote.

This is an unfortunate side-effect of the referendum system, where every nobles gets the same number of votes in non-representative elections. I'd like to see an option for prestige-related voting again. Perhaps only for certain government styles?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 09, 2011, 08:51:16 AM »
You're talking about "representative" voting, where a lord votes for himself and all his knights. The OP is talking about the old weighted voting system, where different people get different numbers of votes, based on things like rank and prestige. i.e. a noble with 100 prestige gets 10 votes, but a noble with 10 prestige only gets 1 vote.

This is an unfortunate side-effect of the referendum system, where every nobles gets the same number of votes in non-representative elections. I'd like to see an option for prestige-related voting again. Perhaps only for certain government styles?

Oh, are you sure that's what he meant? 'Cause I obviously don't push for that, as it's just not available anymore. I *would* like for it to come back, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron