Author Topic: First Noble To Be Banned  (Read 21093 times)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: First Noble To Be Banned
« Reply #15: October 11, 2016, 08:46:56 PM »
Maybe try to avoid conflating what different people said. Nor are Zakky and Aeneas admins of the game. Zakky is supposed to be helping with maps. And Aeneas is a forum mod.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:49:31 PM by Vita »

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: October 11, 2016, 09:17:15 PM »
Really... 20 players didn't come up with an RP and it's my fault because I kept my title after the elections when you should already have had an idea what your RP  was... I have to think you are joking here...

As to joining Ikalak. .. Firstly TRAITOR LOL

Secondly that takes most of the games administration to ikalak... I wonder if the Daimons will be attacking the south lol

Did all realms start with 20 nobles? I was one of those 'losers' who refused to cowardly join the winning side and just chose to sit out so I have no idea on that. But if you read well you'll see that I said it didn't help, although I'm not certain what happened before Friday evening as I wasn't there. But you'll also see that I then said that I blame those in the government, with that I was pointing towards Taselak's government and not yours. And when we raised the issue and started putting in some activity we got banned, so yeah I guess I'm a traitor...

As to me being 'game administration', I got nothing. All I do for the game is making sure the forum's don't get to toxic, that's all :) I'm afraid they haven't given me some cool buttons or something *note to self, ask for cool buttons. Same with Zakky, as far as I know he does nothing other than helping people IG with military tips and active on IRC, so us joining ads or detracts nothing. To my knowledge the only guy of the devs that's actively playing on the island is vita.

I'm just wondering what'll happen in Taselak next, cause there may well be some more banishments in the coming week which would scew the entire island extremely from the beginning.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: October 11, 2016, 09:30:35 PM »
Maybe try to avoid conflating what different people said. Nor are Zakky and Aeneas admins of the game. Zakky is supposed to be helping with maps. And Aeneas is a forum mod.

It was supposed to be light hearted but maybe there is more truth in it then... just don't send the Daimons at us  :P

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: October 11, 2016, 09:32:30 PM »
Did all realms start with 20 nobles? I was one of those 'losers' who refused to cowardly join the winning side and just chose to sit out so I have no idea on that. But if you read well you'll see that I said it didn't help, although I'm not certain what happened before Friday evening as I wasn't there. But you'll also see that I then said that I blame those in the government, with that I was pointing towards Taselak's government and not yours. And when we raised the issue and started putting in some activity we got banned, so yeah I guess I'm a traitor...

As to me being 'game administration', I got nothing. All I do for the game is making sure the forum's don't get to toxic, that's all :) I'm afraid they haven't given me some cool buttons or something *note to self, ask for cool buttons. Same with Zakky, as far as I know he does nothing other than helping people IG with military tips and active on IRC, so us joining ads or detracts nothing. To my knowledge the only guy of the devs that's actively playing on the island is vita.

I'm just wondering what'll happen in Taselak next, cause there may well be some more banishments in the coming week which would scew the entire island extremely from the beginning.

Yeah all were around the 20ish mark... as to Taselak he's not going to hijack his realm within a week. Though the bans are a surprise yo be sure

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: October 11, 2016, 09:38:15 PM »
I don't think its light-hearted or healthy to promote the idea that admins are going to bias the war island for one party.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: October 11, 2016, 09:47:32 PM »
Yeah all were around the 20ish mark... as to Taselak he's not going to hijack his realm within a week. Though the bans are a surprise yo be sure

Well I was just pointed out the fact that I did see some fragments of what happened before, but not that much. And I think he already pretty much hijacked his realm in the first week. At this point from the looks of it the Judge may well be the first to lose his position and I wouldn't be surprised if protests against the ruler begin ones he confirms the words of the Judge that he was the one who ordered the judge to ban us. So yeah, civil war may well start and once bans follow on that, they can no longer be reversed apparently so yeah...I'm actually trying to make a point to the devs to allow unbanning should the judge lose his position within a week or so (although small chance, maybe only when the ban hasn't gone into effect and prob not even that).

As to suggesting devs are actively doing anything with the continent to controll it to 'their will' is a very dangerous thing to say. As you can see above I don't always agree with the devs, but I do respect their neutrality in the way that they can separate the coding with any char they have themselves (actually almost none of the devs actively play and vita paused all his other chars a while ago as well). I know you're meaning this as a joke, but do try to think about what such accusations could mean for a relation between us players vs the devs which is not always perfect for all to begin with.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: October 11, 2016, 10:12:19 PM »
The only reason I created a War Island character was because I wanted to play in the same realm as an older player who just returned to the game, after several years absence, to create a War Island character.

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: October 11, 2016, 10:49:22 PM »
I thought the suggestion of a Daimon invasion in the south might indicate that it was just poking fun.

As to anything else... its a long war... (hopefully) things will even themselves out over time.

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: October 11, 2016, 11:08:05 PM »
It's a patchy topic as we all can see, I think we can agree that no harm was meant by the joke. It is true that this controversial topic has caused much passionate conversation, however, we must not become overly sensitive to this topic as well, it will only arise more tension in the end and support the ideal of Devs Vs Players as well cause uncomfortable situations for those just kidding around.

So in response, I say:

Winter is coming! A thousand Daimons carrying the holy kegs of Ikalak shall rain rum upon your faces! In the distance, you shall hear me laughing, "BWAHAHA!" Riding a giant battering ram being carried by extremely muscular shirtless men with finely poofed Afros.

Back to the topic at hand... So... Coming to Ikalak? It's about time you joined the Ship  ;D

I didn't quite face the Dodger in Swordfell as much ss I wanted. I hope he doesn't fall from grace, Sumar has beaf O:

There should definitely be some form of safety feature in case a judge goes on a final temper tantrum as they get protested out. Something like judges are only allowed to "Ask to leave", so a rebellion is still possible... Or a "Golden hour", the ban can be lifted, but only for a certain time before becoming permanent.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 11:15:21 PM by Victor C »
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: October 11, 2016, 11:10:50 PM »
I agree, a week or 2 within banishment sounds reasonable to me to keep in mind that rebellions can happen etc.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: October 12, 2016, 12:03:41 AM »
Latest protests from one Lucy are a laugh riot. Nearly fell out of my seat reading them.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: October 12, 2016, 12:26:06 AM »
Latest protests from one Lucy are a laugh riot. Nearly fell out of my seat reading them.

Haha yeah I had the same reaction, one of the most enjoyable letters I've read in BM.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: October 12, 2016, 12:53:45 AM »
Gonna share? :)

Zakilevo

« Reply #28: October 12, 2016, 01:01:59 AM »
Noble Disagrees   (3 hours, 25 minutes ago)
Lucy has expressed her disagreement with the Judge's recent actions. She is giving this reason:
Stop banning people for no reason. Grow a sack and fight them to the death instead.

Noble Disagrees   (3 hours, 24 minutes ago)
Lucy has expressed her disagreement with the Ruler's recent actions. She is giving this reason:
Stop being dumb. If people disagree with you, strap on your codpiece and fight them.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: October 12, 2016, 02:23:48 AM »
No......

How can you all do such interesting things while I am out wounded cold? :'(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)