Author Topic: Cannot steal a precious from a prisoner..  (Read 2769 times)

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Cannot steal a precious from a prisoner..
« Topic Start: October 16, 2016, 06:30:48 PM »
I have problems accessing the bugtracker, hence why I have posted here.

For 3 turns I have tried to steal an item from a prisoner.
I get either of the following messages:

You descend down into the dungeons, where prisoners of the realm are held.
Pretending to speak of something private with your prisoner, you dismiss the guards and enter the cell alone, and it's just right there - the Oily Shield of Ginas's Organs - carefully borne by Remorse on his person. You threaten him to surrender to you whatever items of value he bears, but he is resolute enough to drive back your intimidation. Balked and in the fullness of your fury, you brandish your weapon, throw propriety to the wind, and descend to outright brigandage!

or

Pretending to speak of something private with your prisoner, you dismiss the guards and enter the cell alone, and it's just right there - the Oily Shield of Ginas's Organs - carefully borne by Remorse on his person. You threaten him to surrender to you whatever items of value he bears, but he is resolute enough to drive back your intimidation. Though enraged, you realize today may not be the day. You give up for the moment, but perhaps you will come back to this one again later.

With the last message I lose an hour of my time.

This turn I have tried 8 times (and probably about the same last turn). I have had each message 4 times each (lost 4 hours so far). I can go to the dugeons as many time as I want to attempt to steal the item as long as I have the hours to do so.

I have had no loss of honour or prestige. It just doesn't seem right. I would have thought you could only attempt it maybe once per turn and suffer or be rewarded with whatever result it comes back with. I don't know if the prisoner recieves messages about my attempts (if so, his mailbox will be spammed with my numerous attempts)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 06:34:34 PM by Logar »
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot steal a precious from a prisoner..
« Reply #1: October 16, 2016, 06:54:07 PM »
Yep, looks like there is, indeed, a bug in the former case ("you brandish your weapon" etc). It's making the script crash just after that line, which means that no hours are taken, no messages are sent, and there's no actual attempt to take the item.

I've fixed this bug, so if you have hours left, you should be able to give it another try now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 16, 2016, 08:02:43 PM »
Umm yep it seems to be working now. I recieved a rather heavy fine for it though  :o......sooo I guess thanks for the help lol ;D

Pretending to speak of something private with your prisoner, you dismiss the guards and enter the cell alone, and it's just right there - the Oily Shield of Ginas's Organs - carefully borne by Remorse on his person. You threaten him to surrender to you whatever items of value he bears, but he is resolute enough to drive back your intimidation. Balked and in the fullness of your fury, you brandish your weapon, throw propriety to the wind, and descend to outright brigandage! To your surprise however, you are losing it - even though you are better equipped. A blow suddenly lands right on your cranium the hard way and you sink into the sea of unconsciousness.

You regain yourself a few hours later, but the guards inform you that they found only you lying in the cell, with the prisoner long gone. The absurdity of your action and performance soon spreads, and you take a heavy loss of 6 prestige along with 20 honour.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 16, 2016, 08:28:29 PM »
Well, I never said it was a good plan.

I'm not here to tell you how to do your job: just to make sure that if you decide to hang yourself, the rope's ready and waiting. ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

« Reply #4: October 16, 2016, 09:27:58 PM »
Didn't know it was that hard to take a unique item. I used to take them and kill advies few years ago. That's a shame.

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 17, 2016, 01:43:44 AM »
Well, I never said it was a good plan.

I'm not here to tell you how to do your job: just to make sure that if you decide to hang yourself, the rope's ready and waiting. ;D

That's fine, I am becoming pretty well accustomed at this self-hanging lark  8)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 17, 2016, 05:48:46 PM »
If you would have taken it, you would at least have offered it as a present to my char right...?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 17, 2016, 09:57:17 PM »
If you would have taken it, you would at least have offered it as a present to my char right...?

...And simply throw away all those prestige points! I am not that reckless am I?.....Oh hold on a minute...   :P