Author Topic: Riombara is dead!  (Read 4389 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Riombara is dead!
« Topic Start: October 19, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »
And I am pleased.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Riombara is dead!
« Reply #1: October 19, 2016, 07:25:16 PM »
Yea they got it pretty rough with the daimon invasion. I think it was two portals that opened up down there or something. One day they existed and then a few days later there was no more Rio.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 19, 2016, 07:44:20 PM »
Been there, done that. ;)

Though I'm a little disappointed that recent events seem to have gotten a lot less archival efforts than those of a few years back. Barely any forum posts, no wiki page, no journals, etc.

All these realms dying in silence. :(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Konrad

• BM Dev Team
  • Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 19, 2016, 07:47:16 PM »
I would argue that the idea of Riombara died when they changed to a monarchy. Nonetheless, the final six months of Rio's existence was a drawn-out car crash with how dysfunctional the atmosphere became (arguably due to a few toxic dukes).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 19, 2016, 08:12:37 PM »
I would argue that the idea of Riombara died when they changed to a monarchy.

An interesting twist! I'm sure many turned over in their graves over this.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 19, 2016, 08:14:00 PM »
Probably, but not Delvin.

Delvin is not dead: he just went home.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 19, 2016, 08:24:59 PM »
So what did at-home Delvin do in response to news of a Riombaran monarchy? Where did he go with the fall to daimons and rogues? I want the Retired Delvin Epilogue!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 19, 2016, 08:28:40 PM »
So what did at-home Delvin do in response to news of a Riombaran monarchy? Where did he go with the fall to daimons and rogues? I want the Retired Delvin Epilogue!

He went back to the other canon he came from, far from all BM lands.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 20, 2016, 12:13:47 AM »
Probably, but not Delvin.

Delvin is not dead: he just went home.

That's one old dude.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 30, 2017, 06:14:39 PM »
Sorry to necro this thread - did browse the island maps for old times sake and saw that Riombara is gone.

So, farewell Riombara - for a long time it was a great realm to play in. I had some of my best gaming moments on Beluaterra and in that realm. Great people within and without the realm. Great social experiment with our law system....to know that it became a monarchy in the end...shocking, I say, shocking!

So I salute you, all players that made this continent memorable: fare well - and may other realms survive the Darkness!