Author Topic: Requirements for becoming a Lord  (Read 5786 times)

Rhynehardt Blood

• Knight
    • View Profile
Requirements for becoming a Lord
« Topic Start: October 21, 2016, 08:11:58 PM »
Does anyone know what amount of prestige and honours you must have to become a Lord of a region or province?
Ive searched and cannot find it

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Requirements for becoming a Lord
« Reply #1: October 21, 2016, 08:35:21 PM »
Among other requirements, your character will need 3 prestige.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Rhynehardt Blood

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: October 21, 2016, 09:37:44 PM »
You normally gain prestige through battle but i habe only been gaining honour. Am i doing something wrong?

Victor C

• Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 21, 2016, 10:42:36 PM »
You normally gain prestige through battle but i habe only been gaining honour. Am i doing something wrong?

If the battle is close, and especially if it's big, you'll get guaranteed prestige and honour.

However, the more one sided it is, the less of a chance you'll receive Prestige/Honour.

Remember that prestige is much harder to gain than honour. Fighting a group of monsters or undead alone will probably get you at least 1 prestige.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: October 24, 2016, 01:28:34 AM »
Also, winning, I think. If I remember correctly, you need to *win* battles, especially close ones, to earn prestige. If you just lose battles, or they are all too lopsided, you won't. I seem to remember this being a problem for me at some point because I had been in a realm for so long, but there just weren't any battles for me to gain prestige in to become eligible for higher titles.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 24, 2016, 01:15:52 PM »
Also, winning, I think. If I remember correctly, you need to *win* battles, especially close ones, to earn prestige. If you just lose battles, or they are all too lopsided, you won't. I seem to remember this being a problem for me at some point because I had been in a realm for so long, but there just weren't any battles for me to gain prestige in to become eligible for higher titles.

This is true in part. Even if you lose a battle you can still gain prestige, but it's true you'll get more if you're on the wining side.

Also if you have little honor/prestige you'll get more as well and the more you have the harder it becomes.

Also the larger the sides are, the more honor and prestige you'll get, as well as how even the battle is as previously mentioned.

I know for instance that the new knights who started in Oligarch hve gained a lot of honor and prestige super quickly because they fought several siege battles (defending) of which most were won. Back in the days my first battle was siege of Wayburg with Abington and in the first battle I got like 6 honor and 4 prestige.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: October 24, 2016, 04:55:10 PM »
Don't forget that even if your realm is at peace you can gain some honour and prestige via doing courtier work.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: October 24, 2016, 10:10:22 PM »
And building fortifications. And erecting statues and monuments. And...its a long list, easily forgotten...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: October 24, 2016, 10:39:02 PM »
And building fortifications. And erecting statues and monuments. And...its a long list, easily forgotten...

Building fortifications is a bit unhelpful when you're looking for enough prestige to become a lord...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: October 24, 2016, 10:40:27 PM »
Building fortifications is a bit unhelpful when you're looking for enough prestige to become a lord...
Haha! Touche!

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 24, 2016, 10:55:28 PM »
And I remembered another! And that a lordless noble can actually do. ;) Initiating a takeover.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 25, 2016, 02:15:59 PM »
Don't forget that even if your realm is at peace you can gain some honour and prestige via doing courtier work.

Actually, no, I don't think so.

Well, partly. Honor, yes. I whole bunch of random things will yield honor. Though I think you also need enough honor before you can even become a courtier to begin with, another problem I've had with said character.

But I don't think that courtier work will ever yield prestige.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: October 25, 2016, 02:17:24 PM »
Actually, no, I don't think so.

Well, partly. Honor, yes. I whole bunch of random things will yield honor. Though I think you also need enough honor before you can even become a courtier to begin with, another problem I've had with said character.

But I don't think that courtier work will ever yield prestige.

Actually, yes, it can. It even uses the same code to do so as most of the other non-combat prestige gains.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #13: October 25, 2016, 03:27:52 PM »
It's been awhile, but isn't there a time requirement as well? As in, you have to have been the realm for a certain amount of days before you become eligible? My memory may be failing me there, but I believe that is so.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: October 25, 2016, 03:50:25 PM »
Actually, yes, it can. It even uses the same code to do so as most of the other non-combat prestige gains.

Really? Because I don't remember any of my courtier dudes ever having much prestige at all. Must cap out pretty low?