Author Topic: Astrumese War of Reconquest for Caiyun  (Read 15630 times)

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Astrumese War of Reconquest for Caiyun
« Reply #15: November 09, 2016, 09:48:26 AM »
Why bother with TOs when you can buy the region? We can use our military elsewhere XD

Because a TO is a military act to remove a region from your enemy's control. It doesn't necessarily mean you consider yourself the de jure owner, just the de facto controller. Buying the region through corruption forges documents that actually claim the region as yours de jure and de facto. So even if you didn't plan on keeping it, you have effectively said you lay claim to regions that ex-Morekian realms consider as rightfully theirs.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 09, 2016, 09:54:47 AM »
Because a TO is a military act to remove a region from your enemy's control. It doesn't necessarily mean you consider yourself the de jure owner, just the de facto controller. Buying the region through corruption forges documents that actually claim the region as yours de jure and de facto. So even if you didn't plan on keeping it, you have effectively said you lay claim to regions that ex-Morekian realms consider as rightfully theirs.

I'm just confused/surprised that people blatantly call it 'buying region' IC as well, even in Astrum :o
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Zakilevo

« Reply #17: November 09, 2016, 09:55:49 AM »
Nobody really cares about the correct term I guess. I mean I just think of it as another option to crush HD but people who care deeply RPs will do it differently.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: November 09, 2016, 09:58:47 AM »
I'm just confused/surprised that people blatantly call it 'buying region' IC as well, even in Astrum :o

Well the fact that is says "Region has been Corrupted" or something of that sort to the affected realm doesn't help. So you already know something iffy happened.

Nobody really cares about the correct term I guess. I mean I just think of it as another option to crush HD but people who care deeply RPs will do it differently.

The correct term for the realm that this is done to is Corruption because that's exactly what the game tells you IC.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: November 09, 2016, 11:55:17 AM »
That's only partially true. That's what the suffering party gets to see. Astrum in this case got this message which says something entirely different:

Do not post in-game messages on the forum, other than posting your own Roleplays on the Roleplay board, or when appropriate as part of a Magistrate case.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:58:11 PM by Victor C »

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: November 09, 2016, 12:26:21 PM »
That's only partially true. That's what the suffering party gets to see. Astrum in this case got this message which says something entirely different:

Ancient Claim Recognized   (9 hours, 58 minutes ago)
message to all nobles of Astrum
Local government officials in Zhongyuan announced earlier today that according to ancient documents, Vasilif Dragomir Aurelius, who happened to coincidentally be in the region at that time, holds an ancient and undisputable claim to lordship of Zhongyuan. They officially handed control of the region over to him and Astrum! Shortly afterwards, the responsible officials were nowhere to be found.

Which was what I said, I said that's what the realm whose region is taken sees.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: November 09, 2016, 12:30:07 PM »
Ah I see, true. Reason I got confused is because you said that in response to my statement of 'disbelief' that even in Astrum people were saying 'buying region'. Like there was not even a pretence of RP in the sense that, "yeah I have a claim, for whatever reason and blah blah blah".

Part of that has to do with the fact that most people wouldn't consider the IC option of claim because OOC they know it's 'buying' and that somewhat saddens me.

Konrad

• BM Dev Team
  • Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: November 09, 2016, 07:53:46 PM »
The physical dismantling of HD seems a bit unnecessary, it's unfortunate that it has to end this way.

Zakilevo

« Reply #23: November 09, 2016, 08:17:21 PM »
The physical dismantling of HD seems a bit unnecessary, it's unfortunate that it has to end this way.

Well you know how BM works. Never surrender! Fight to the end!  :'(

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: November 10, 2016, 12:01:28 AM »
Uhm, hold the phone right there. Wasn't Taishan considered a protected region that wasn't to be involved in the fighting because Arnor has claims to it?

Zakilevo

« Reply #25: November 10, 2016, 12:54:41 AM »
Uhm, hold the phone right there. Wasn't Taishan considered a protected region that wasn't to be involved in the fighting because Arnor has claims to it?

Protected from what?

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: November 10, 2016, 01:43:54 AM »
Well you know how BM works. Never surrender! Fight to the end!  :'(

I approve of driving half of Dwilight rogue. Too many realms still, scorched earth policy until there are only inner sea realms!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #27: November 10, 2016, 02:00:00 AM »
I approve of driving half of Dwilight rogue. Too many realms still, scorched earth policy until there are only inner sea realms!

Realms always want to expand. They don't want to shrink their size to allow Westgard to grow large XD.

At the moment there are 195 nobles or so and 110 regions are under players' control. We will have to lose at least 40 meaning many realms gotta go but that is not going to happen. At one point Dwilight did go under 100 regions and reached the noble to region count of 2 but since then people expanded again to make the ratio less than 2 again.

Zakilevo

« Reply #28: November 10, 2016, 02:50:55 AM »
Protected from what?

Nvm Helm sent Astrum a letter. Well... he has options now...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: November 10, 2016, 01:54:29 PM »
Realms always want to expand. They don't want to shrink their size to allow Westgard to grow large XD.

At the moment there are 195 nobles or so and 110 regions are under players' control. We will have to lose at least 40 meaning many realms gotta go but that is not going to happen. At one point Dwilight did go under 100 regions and reached the noble to region count of 2 but since then people expanded again to make the ratio less than 2 again.

It's okay if Westgard grows, it's an inner sea realm and thus deserves it. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron