Author Topic: Approved: Judges and Ransom  (Read 2925 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Approved: Judges and Ransom
« Topic Start: October 26, 2016, 04:43:28 PM »
Summary:
Judges should have the option to pay a ransom to an enemy judge to secure the early release of prisoners

Details:
We all know that when going into battle, its important not to have much gold on you, lest you be captured and it stolen. Then of course you sit in limbo for up to a week. I'd like to propose and additional avenue. I think judges should have the option of negotiating and paying a ransom for the release of prisoners. If my king is captured and my realm NEEDS his leadership, I as judge should be able to negotiate his release

Benefits:
As with all my posts, I feel this would add more dimension to the game. In addition to a sense of realism, I believe the new dynamic would add a real sense of excitement to capturing someone important and facilitate realm-wide discussions (in order to raise the funds to PAY for a ransom) as well as inter-realm communication.

Maybe we can even go a step further and set up an extradition option where if I capture someone in battle who has a ban from another realm, that realm can pay me to send my prisoner to them for punishment. Of course, their would be a transit time that would allow the prisoner more time to escape. I'd make a separate post for this, but it all boils down to first implementing this ransom thing.

Conversely, maybe we could implement a feature where I pay the enemy judge to hold the prisoner for LONGER, double the guard to prevent escape, etc. Maybe I don't like the prisoner, maybe the prisoner is my king and I covet his throne. I would love to see something like that happen.

Possible Downsides or Exploits:
I really don't see how this can be abused as it requires two judges from different realms to agree on something
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:00:34 AM by Vita »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"