Author Topic: Question regarding accidental messages  (Read 5849 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Question regarding accidental messages
« Reply #15: November 16, 2016, 04:27:07 PM »
If you ask me there are 2 different things at hand here.

1) Using ooc info from wherever, forum, irc or so I always avoid as I think it's extremely immoral.

2) Using info because someone sent it to you by accident in game I consider fair play. As if nobles never send messages to the wrong families etc in the real world? Of course messages sometimes went wrong, or got mixed up. Trying to cover it ooc is weak in my opinion, mistake is mistake and you made it IC, so deal with it IC.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 18, 2016, 07:17:43 AM »
If you then cover it up with an ooc message, though, that's equally immoral.

Never do. Rarely send OOC messages period.

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #17: November 21, 2016, 05:16:41 PM »
If you ask me there are 2 different things at hand here.

1) Using ooc info from wherever, forum, irc or so I always avoid as I think it's extremely immoral.

2) Using info because someone sent it to you by accident in game I consider fair play. As if nobles never send messages to the wrong families etc in the real world? Of course messages sometimes went wrong, or got mixed up. Trying to cover it ooc is weak in my opinion, mistake is mistake and you made it IC, so deal with it IC.

I completely agree with this. 2) is totally fair game. We all make mistake; when we make them IC, we should deal with them IC. And for 1) that have never sat well with me. It goes against the spirit of the game.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor