Author Topic: The cryptozoology of BM  (Read 6230 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: The cryptozoology of BM
« Reply #15: November 14, 2016, 10:46:39 AM »
There are so many ways to rp monsters and undead.
Perhaps you could try to check up what people rp in the area where you play.

I remember we rped Monsters and undead to have all spawned from the sea in Madina. (which makes sense as it is surounded by waters)
Undead where the dead thrown over board as a comon burial cermony, however it was also common to throw coins in the water with them.
Those who have not given any offerings with their dead, will see the dead return.
Monsters are bred in the sea, so many monsters where rped to be somekind of sea monsters, the most scariest of all beeing the great Kraken.

In Gotland we rped the goats coming back as zombies to graze upon the skulls of their former masters.
Also other life stock or wild animals where named, at one point the capital was attacked by 20 or 30 K cs of goats and pony's.

Its fun to go along with what ever is rped in your region, makes it stronger and more fun to share.

Just a few examples.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Bronnen

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: November 14, 2016, 03:17:13 PM »
A long time ago, when Lasanar existed, I RP'd my character as being lost at sea on a ship, was was then sunk by a giant sea snake. He then killed the giant sea snake and turned it into his own ship, and became a sea pirate.

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: November 15, 2016, 03:02:18 PM »
Just throwing this out there, but back int he early days of Dwilight, I tried to gather a bunch of ideas of what the monsters actually looked like.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Poryatown_Press/Monster_Compendium

Only 11 entries, but, hey, ideas.
Like my programming? Become my patron!

Rhynehardt Blood

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: November 20, 2016, 09:05:28 PM »
Then lets go to work on a proper monster guide?

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #19: November 21, 2016, 05:01:18 PM »
Then lets go to work on a proper monster guide?

This would be a great idea. It would at least be a good way to get inspiration for monsters to use in RP's
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor