Author Topic: A Knight in Port Raviel  (Read 3362 times)

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
Re: A Knight in Port Raviel
« Topic Start: November 16, 2016, 02:01:38 AM »
Roleplay from Kateera McDowell   (5 hours, 12 minutes ago) message to all nobles of D'Hara

Kateera laughed with delight at her accomplishment. “Please call me Kat...” she smiled. “You aren't bad either Baron Drizztle, I'll have to make sure you're nearby in any upcoming battles.”

They put their swords away and looked around to the gathered crowd. Kateera gave a small bow, and giggled, her nose crinkling at the excitement.

After their friendly duel, his invitation was very tempting. “That sounds like a marvelous idea, I'm famished.” She gave her men orders to keep careful watch in the streets and joined the Baron on their hunt for a place to eat.

“In my youth I have heard so much of this place, and now that I'm truly here, everything is completely different than I imagined it. It almost saddens me to dream of a fairytale for so long and to have it shattered by time.”

“How long have you been here?” she inquired as they continued to walk. “What is your favorite place in D'hara? My mother once told me of a sea of swords, where swords hung from trees in honor of the dead… I would very much like to see it. Do you know where is it?”

Roleplay from Drizztle Sharpspeare   (4 hours, 38 minutes ago) message to all nobles of D'Hara

"How long have I been here?" He asked out loud. It was a good question. Since he arrived, he had considered D'Hara his home. They had welcomed him and his fellow Atamarans with open arms. "I'm not sure of the exact amount of time, but since the great island sank beneath the waves." He finally replied. He led the way towards a few good inns that would serve them good food. "Kat, I have been all over D'Hara. I do not think I have a favorite spot, but I do seem to enjoy my spending time in Port Raviel. After all, I visit here a lot," he replied. He chuckled briefly to himself.

As they neared two inns, on opposite sides of the street, he paused a moment and looked her in the eyes. "I believe your mother was describing the Grove of Honor in Port Nebel. It is a glorious place with a sacred tradition. Knights, every time they lose their unit, go there and hang a sword. It is sign of respect for the brave souls who gave their lives for our beloved realm. Over time, this tradition has made the Grove a beautiful and haunting place. But it is certainly a must see." He paused a moment and said a prayer for all the lost souls. They died so D'Hara could live. "Anyway...Kat...here are two good inns. They have to be, or the other would put them out of business." He looked her in the eyes and waited for her reply.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor