Author Topic: Somethingawful  (Read 3571 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Somethingawful
« Topic Start: July 05, 2011, 04:00:25 AM »
Has anyone ever did a write up for Bm on the SA games forum? It might help to attract new members. As long as they understand its not a goon horde style of game. But I know there is a lot of people there interested in games like Bm.

www.somethingawful.com   go to the forums...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 04:22:17 AM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Somethingawful
« Reply #1: July 05, 2011, 04:10:30 AM »
On the what now?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sabrier

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 05, 2011, 04:15:01 AM »
If that is what I think it is, given their typical playstyle on other games I've seen before, this seems like a bad idea. They really don't seem like the BM type.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 05, 2011, 05:53:42 AM »
They? there are hundreds of thousands of them...
We live lives in beautiful lies...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 05, 2011, 06:13:47 AM »
I believe we have had influxes of players from the something awful forums before.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: July 05, 2011, 08:18:06 AM »
maybe if someone make a video about BM to attract people that might be helpful :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 05, 2011, 01:28:52 PM »
I have a hard time seeing how we can make a video that isn't either extremely misleading or makes the game look extremely dull, seeing as how we are text-based. Exciting stuff happens, but over the course of months, and is hard to fit in a video without it looking really cheesy imo.

If one has a brillant idea, though, then great.

There is a video for War Island, though. And Beyond. By recruiting for these games, we can easily hook the players into joining BM too while they are at it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #7: July 05, 2011, 08:06:23 PM »
We can make series of videos like what they did with die2nite. They did something like a day 1 what happened day 2 what happened thing but I guess you can't do that with BM. I think we should think about what is attractive about BM first before doing anything.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 06, 2011, 12:09:08 AM »
You may have better luck recruiting in some of the existing medieval/fantasy RP forums around the web, that is probably closer to the demographic we are aiming for.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.