Author Topic: If Dwilight was to be redrawn...  (Read 22562 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: If Dwilight was to be redrawn...
« Topic Start: November 29, 2016, 01:36:04 AM »
I'd disconnect the land between Ammando and its new eastern region and connect it with a bridge so it doesn't block the sea zones.

Talking of Storms Keep, adding a bridge to Rye would fix that "fortress to nowhere" issue for that one. For Valkyrja, it could be merged with Yggdramir.

The sea zones... an interesting point. Does anyone use them? For that region in particular, I mean. A bridge would work, though 3 might seem silly: are there sea zones we absolutely want connected to any specific other zone? It could definately be done, though.

As for why bother? I don't know. Personally, I think a large part of Dwi's problems are due to its maps. As are/were a huge part of BT's problems post-blight, the hasty map changes had made large parts of it largely unplayable. But Dwilight was a player initiative to begin with: players drew the original map, not devs. Of course, it required a lot of dev work, but the players contributed hugely to it. Aside from the map, the players were tasked with choosing the names of the realms, the banners, contests were held, playes got to pick the initial themes, etc. It was a largely player-driven initiative and it yielded a lot of hype.

I think revisiting that could only be beneficial. If the players are consulted, I'm sure we could agree on something that will be more fun for everyone. I've got ideas, I presented some of them, but these are rough sketches and I don't think it'd be ideal for one person to do it solo anyways. Hence why I brought the idea here, where others have already pitched in good ideas and contributions. Will it be used? I don't know. If yes, when? I don't know. Many wars on Dwilight right now, so there's no rush, but imo best to have something ready before things dull than only start working then.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron