Author Topic: The Shameless Westgard Recruitment Thread  (Read 55631 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
Re: The Shameless Westgard Recruitment Thread
« Reply #30: May 19, 2017, 03:31:28 PM »
There's 20k of rogues converging on Gelene Outskirts about to kick our asses, there's no shortage of rogues.

But your military is organized in an obscure manner to foreigners and your officials don't tend to reply and coordinate much. Am I supposed to coordinate with your general? Your marshal? Your ruler? You all keep throwing the ball at each other and none actively communicate with me (Westgard's general). I asked Avernus' help, but I don't think I ever got confirmation that you were ever actually coming, your arrival was actually a surprise to everyone.

I've given several updates to your general, despite only getting a single reply from Avernus within the last few weeks. Don't blame me for not giving daily updates when I never get any replies and my character was wounded for most of the time since you arrived.

It's honestly a surprising trend, though. "Hey, we've arrived with an army to help you!" "Wait, what? Takes about a week to get here, couldn't you tell us... before you actually arrive? We are in the opposite side of the realm right now and I've got no one near you to provide you with any scout reports to help guide the way..." It's not just Avernus.

To be fair, it's something I've witnessed in pretty much all of my game time, and which I never understood. Inter-realm coordination is always awful because most of the realms involved tend to make no effort whatsoever to coordinate with the rest.

Please, chill out a bit. I'm not the General and I don't know what's going on between you or our leadership. I just follow orders and come on here to discuss this or that. Nor was I insulting your realm. I'm not even going to reply to the rest of this because it seems a bit too heated.

In an alternate reality where Westgard was still in Eidulb it'd have been really cool for Avernus to be in Golden Farrow. Eidulb, Golden Farrow, Paisly, and Candiels could have been the hubs of PvE, each with a direct sea route to each other for safe reinforcements when !@#$ goes south. But that's not likely to happen. :P

Moving Avernus to a new location is still in the works. We still have a treaty from Arnor stating that Nifelheim and Nifel are on loan from them until we either 1) find a new location for our realm or 2) help Arnor acquire a replacement city and townsland. However, with the shape that Arnor is in right now it's kind of unlikely. If we do actually make a move I think it would be down to Golden Farrow. More room for activities!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:38:33 PM by DoctorHarte »
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)