Author Topic: The Shameless Westgard Recruitment Thread  (Read 56700 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Shameless Westgard Recruitment Thread
« Reply #30: May 19, 2017, 06:37:23 PM »
I'm not mad, just stating my observations. I didn't feel offended, and did not intend to offend. I was simply informing you of why you were experiencing what you did.

Plus, Avernus' timely arrival in Ygg d'Razhuul broke the takeover, the Sun Swords would quite possibly have been defeated in that battle otherwise. So it's not really accurate to say you came for nothing.

There's no shortage of rogues to fight. If your leaders are telling you otherwise, then maybe they have an agenda. Most likely they just aren't really good at coordinating, "failing to reply to letters" being a trait Avernus is starting to be renown for. I'm not the first one to say this.

As for moving Avernus, I think someone is selling you dreams. Arnor doesn't have the nobles to claim Avernus' lands. And Avernus would never survive out in Darfix, Golden Farrow, Paisly, or just about anywhere else in the West. This is not a critique of your competence; I don't think anyone could survive such an attempt. Most if not all of these regions are depopulated. They have no infrastructure. They are hard to reinforce. They are surrounded by very large hordes routinely. They would require substantial sponsoring in terms of food, gold, and military aid to even just kick off, and would inevitably fail. Westgard still exists (despite nearly failing a number of times) because it didn't start out with nothing in a post-expansion Dwilight. It was given a hand starting out, its regions were made productive to begin with, and many eastern realms did not have the expanse they do now (affecting rogue spawns). If Westgard had just been a player-led initiative from some eastern realm, I wouldn't have expected it to survive long either. And Darfix or Golden Farrow are both much worse than Gelene because of how far off you'd be from other human realms. Golden Farrow links to Astrum, but they are involved in a war and couldn't help, even if they could be swayed to. It also links to D'Hara, but, no offense, it can't even hold its own without outside help. Any eastern realm would need to sail a long time and would arrive with lots of wear, low morale, and incredible expenses.

Again, this isn't a critique, but an analysis to a project that you harbor. Just because it's negative doesn't mean that it is slander or heated. I don't limit myself to saying only nice and positive things.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron