Author Topic: The Shameless Westgard Recruitment Thread  (Read 55581 times)

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
Re: The Shameless Westgard Recruitment Thread
« Reply #75: September 15, 2017, 10:49:29 AM »
How long do portals last for?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:36:02 PM by Antonine Octavius »

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: September 15, 2017, 11:41:27 AM »
Portals disappear once they have done something (before the devs manually make it do something). That can take a week, but the Akesh/Krimml ones stayed for months before something was done with them. There is no timeframe, it might stay up for years for all we know.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: September 15, 2017, 04:12:52 PM »
They generally do whatever the devs feel like it doing at the time they write a RP etc. Generally it also depends a bit on how much efforts was put into RP'ing the whole thing, which at this point it seems nothing was done of that sort.

Yea, not placing "blame" on the devs. Though if the Zuma wanna squat Darfix from now on, killing rogues around them (but keeping within a few regions of the city), that's fine by me. :P

Or if the portal wants to send all nearby monsters straight to the Netherworld, that's also fine by me!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: September 15, 2017, 05:01:46 PM »
Yea, not placing "blame" on the devs. Though if the Zuma wanna squat Darfix from now on, killing rogues around them (but keeping within a few regions of the city), that's fine by me. :P

Or if the portal wants to send all nearby monsters straight to the Netherworld, that's also fine by me!

I'm not giving any judgement on the matter, just stating how the portals work. Frankly if someone just opens a portal, does no RP, does no story no nothing, I'd be fine with the portal collapsing and doing nothing. They are not tactical nukes meant without roleplay from what I gather (and think).

And you're just being greedy and needy now Chenier, wanting the devs to do your dirty work. I thought fighting monsters was the nice thing about Westgard?  ::) ;D

Ps, Darfix and Under Darfix don't even have that many monsters in them in the first place.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: September 15, 2017, 05:36:44 PM »
Does it tell the people who use them to provide some RP, though? I think they do, but I'm not sure.

Haha, I'm all for fighting rogues. 't'was just nice, for a change, to go hunt down huge hordes on our own initiative instead of barely scrapping by.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: September 16, 2017, 12:54:34 PM »
Does it tell the people who use them to provide some RP, though? I think they do, but I'm not sure.

Haha, I'm all for fighting rogues. 't'was just nice, for a change, to go hunt down huge hordes on our own initiative instead of barely scrapping by.

Not sure, never tried it myself.

Zakky

« Reply #81: September 16, 2017, 01:59:10 PM »
Did Anaris nerf monsters on Dwilight?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: September 16, 2017, 04:10:47 PM »
Nope. Why do you ask?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakky

« Reply #83: September 16, 2017, 09:19:19 PM »
Nope. Why do you ask?

Was wondering how Westgard managed to get so big again lol.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: September 16, 2017, 10:07:53 PM »
We are dense. Last tweaks sent a lot of the monsters that used to focus on Westgard off to the rest of the continent, where many realms have still not recovered. We got bigger, but not as much as everyone else got smaller, continental density is thus still lower than what it was at when the last invasion was triggered.

That, and, well... we did kill like 100 000 CS of rogues this month. At least 60k in the last few weeks, in any case. And it ain't the first time we grow this big, I think we had 4 more regions than we have now when the last invasion was triggered (current extent + Mountain of Woe, Gaston Farms, Gaston, and Jorradith). I haven't been in any rush to reclaim those precisely to keep density high enough, hence why we went to kill the hordes in Eidulb Outskirts and Duil (5k + 18k, better to kill them there before they reach us).

I don't really understand how come the other realms have failed to recover, but Westgard has an active and efficient military. We *never* sit around for nothing.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: September 16, 2017, 10:11:25 PM »
Nope. Why do you ask?

Well, you kinda did (as far as Westgard is concerned), but just not lately. The last monster update helps Westgard tremendously. Just takes time for any monster code tweak to have an impact.

That said, my adventurer is getting a ton of new rogue spawn alerts in those parts, so things may get hot again. I have no clue though because my character was captured by the rogues when attacking Duil.

Zakky

« Reply #86: September 16, 2017, 10:52:31 PM »
Only 100k over a month? That sounds rather small.

I remember seeing that in a week before monsters learn how to swim. Guess the recent change worked as intended.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: September 16, 2017, 10:58:26 PM »
Hmmm... I don't think we'd often KILL over 100k per month. We'd definitely see it, but then we'd just lose most of our regions. We never really fielded more than 20k at a time, so even when monsters are abundant, killing that much in a month is no easy task given our resources.

Also, never gonna forget that time we almost stole Canada's slogan of "Coast to Coast"!

Zakky

« Reply #88: September 16, 2017, 11:09:16 PM »
Oh thats an old map. I heard Westfold is pretty much dead.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: September 17, 2017, 12:08:59 AM »
Monster script has been broke for awhile (weeks/months), so they were nerfed, but not intentionally.