Author Topic: The Shameless Westgard Recruitment Thread  (Read 55588 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Shameless Westgard Recruitment Thread
« Reply #90: September 17, 2017, 01:44:57 AM »
Oh thats an old map. I heard Westfold is pretty much dead.

Yea, February. Didn't last long, still felt pretty badass to have spread that far West. ALMOST forced the monsters to spawn only South of us. Distance from the capital issues, though, ouch.

Monster script has been broke for awhile (weeks/months), so they were nerfed, but not intentionally.

Was that recently fixed? Otherwise any ETA on the fix?

They have been easier than normal, that's true. Probably wouldn't be charging at nearly 18k in Duil had the code not been broken.

Growing is part of our traditional Growth/Bust cycle, though. The last bust was not as bad as usual, though, due to the rest of the continent feeling a lot of the pain we had the monopoly for. Our current position of strength is also largely thanks to not having had as much losses to recover. We had far fewer regions to retake and they were all in the same area. Better economy to back up the recuperation efforts than usual.

Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: September 17, 2017, 01:47:36 AM »
Prior bust for comparison:

Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakky

« Reply #92: September 17, 2017, 01:56:07 AM »
Monster script has been broke for awhile (weeks/months), so they were nerfed, but not intentionally.

Oh I see. So once it gets fixed, we can all say bye to Westgard once more  8)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: September 17, 2017, 03:14:20 AM »
Perhaps.  ;D

But a lot of things changed since the last major bust.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: September 17, 2017, 04:54:21 AM »
Oh thats an old map. I heard Westfold is pretty much dead.
I think Westfold will be dead soon unless someone steps in. But who want to face Astrum big army?

I remember something about Westgard offered my character to seek refuge there. Or help my character to refound our realm in the West. I think East side too many people, so we come into conflict with human realms rather than rogue often. Maybe I should take up the offer and we won't have this Westgard Recruitment Thread opened :P

Sometimes I think how Dwilight history or life could have been changed with my character decisions in the past.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: September 18, 2017, 01:22:13 AM »
If someone would have wanted to save Westfold, it'd have made a lot more sense to do so much earlier. Honestly I'm surprised no one stepped in, though. Luria made it look like they would, for a while.

Westfold could be saved by another monster invasion, though. Astrum is stretching fairly thin. Though they've done well in the last invasion, I suspect the monsters could distract them enough for Westfold to retake a few regions. Doesn't really look good for them, though. How long until they starve themselves?

Zakky

« Reply #96: September 18, 2017, 02:57:29 AM »
Luria... is a dead realm. Nobody really talks there. They just go around hunting monsters but even that isn't going that well for them since nobody really cares about anything there so monsters get to actually retake regions pretty often. I wouldn't count on them to help Westfold out. Westfold seems to lack friends in the northern half of the continent so I wonder where they will go once the realm dies.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: September 18, 2017, 12:47:22 PM »
Looked like realms like Arnor or Avernus might have intervened too, maybe HD. The whole region had the potential to be set ablaze: Astrum and Morek vs Arnor, Avernus, HD, Luria, and Westfold. No idea for Swordfell.

Sucks for Luria. I thought some people had reanimated it. Guess they should have let it die like I said long ago. Pumping some active people in a dead realm usually just kills the activity in those that joined it. Or kills the realm.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: September 18, 2017, 01:41:25 PM »
It aint over till the fat lady sings. There are always options, always behind the scene plays somewhere, but yeah it seems nobody was willing to interfere really and fight Westfold. I was really surprised they were at war in the first place when I returned from my BM vacation (of a couple of months ::))
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Zakky

« Reply #99: September 18, 2017, 04:07:21 PM »
It aint over till the fat lady sings. There are always options, always behind the scene plays somewhere, but yeah it seems nobody was willing to interfere really and fight Westfold. I was really surprised they were at war in the first place when I returned from my BM vacation (of a couple of months ::))

They must have played their hands wrong horribly. It is hard to believe they did not manage to find one solid ally. Maybe they overestimated their abilities.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: September 18, 2017, 10:55:23 PM »
They must have played their hands wrong horribly. It is hard to believe they did not manage to find one solid ally. Maybe they overestimated their abilities.

Seriously. Doesn't seem like it'd have needed much to at least make it a tie, and there are a number of realms that would have been unlikely to suffer much (if any) retaliation during the course of the war, due to Westfold being a nicely placed meatshield.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: September 19, 2017, 08:27:16 AM »
You guys are forgetting the current state of Dwilight and its politics. Only LN would have really gone to help Westfold and they are dead mostly I hear everywhere so can't effectively march that far.

Swordfell has the SA complication so won't march so quickly and maybe HD could've aided, but after the last war I can imagine they didn't want to. Avernus could've maybe helped? I don't know.

Zakky

« Reply #102: September 19, 2017, 09:19:35 AM »
You guys are forgetting the current state of Dwilight and its politics. Only LN would have really gone to help Westfold and they are dead mostly I hear everywhere so can't effectively march that far.

Swordfell has the SA complication so won't march so quickly and maybe HD could've aided, but after the last war I can imagine they didn't want to. Avernus could've maybe helped? I don't know.

Northern realms were recovering still I think. HD just got off of their war against Morek so they probably were too exhausted. Westfold went into this war looking pretty confident but they probably did not know Astrum's military strength. Despite their military council being mediocre, they have more than enough resources to overwhelm any realm 1v1.

If Westfold didn't enter this war, I think Astrum might have suffered the fate of LN but Westfold is keeping Astrum alive by killing itself.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: September 19, 2017, 09:36:46 AM »
Astrum has a habit of keeping itself busy, so I doubt they would follow LN, but you are right about the rest.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: September 19, 2017, 12:44:35 PM »
Yea, Astrum has the western border. Anyone with that can keep themselves busy at will.

I wouldn't have expected HD to join in against Astrum, because that would have obviously pulled Morek back into the fight, and the inevitable outcome would have been both Westfold and HD dying.

Still, kind of sad that only Westfold had some balls in those parts.