Author Topic: The Shameless Westgard Recruitment Thread  (Read 55688 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: The Shameless Westgard Recruitment Thread
« Reply #105: September 19, 2017, 12:54:54 PM »
Just checked the densities... 178 nobles for 112 regions? That's 1.6:1 noble:region density. When the code gets fixed, I'm thinking the tides will sweep a few realms anew.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakky

« Reply #106: September 19, 2017, 07:09:24 PM »
Just checked the densities... 178 nobles for 112 regions? That's 1.6:1 noble:region density. When the code gets fixed, I'm thinking the tides will sweep a few realms anew.

When I left the game, Dwilight players had 94 regions and people were getting attacked by monsters all the time. Can't even imagine what it will be like when the codes start working again.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #107: September 19, 2017, 09:44:13 PM »
It came down to sitting around doing nothing or starting a war, even if we couldn't win it. It was the same mentality a lot of people in Asylon had throughout its time. Unfortunately this time it resulted in our realm (probably) getting wiped. No one to blame but ourselves, but it would have been nice if it animated more of the northern realms from stagnation. 

Wherever we go, most of the players will continue to fight stagnation.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Zakky

« Reply #108: September 20, 2017, 01:17:26 AM »
It came down to sitting around doing nothing or starting a war, even if we couldn't win it. It was the same mentality a lot of people in Asylon had throughout its time. Unfortunately this time it resulted in our realm (probably) getting wiped. No one to blame but ourselves, but it would have been nice if it animated more of the northern realms from stagnation. 

Wherever we go, most of the players will continue to fight stagnation.

Always good to see people fighting stagnation. Too bad Westfold met its end but once Westfold disappears, Astrum will most likely form a colony there. Maybe join that and turn it against Astrum? XD

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #109: September 20, 2017, 01:44:39 AM »
Astrum doesn't really have all that many nobles to spare with a colony effort. If I were in charge there I would be very wary of letting that happen.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakky

« Reply #110: September 20, 2017, 06:27:28 AM »
Astrum doesn't really have all that many nobles to spare with a colony effort. If I were in charge there I would be very wary of letting that happen.

It is not up to them I think. From what I heard, they got few new nobles from GX because they wanted to form a new GX in the city currently owned by Westfold.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #111: September 20, 2017, 12:50:02 PM »
GX died? Also, from the charts, Astrum is losing nobles, not gaining any. But those charts are kind of garbage for including adventurers...

And it's totally up to them. Even if they had gotten 5 nobles, it's not like those can keep them accountable. Astrum has the power to do what it wants. They have the most nobles and a bunch of very rich regions pretty strategically placed.  It'd take a strong coalition just to push them out of Westfold, and then... stalemate. I can't imagine any realm being able to take any of their cities.

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #112: September 20, 2017, 07:42:29 PM »
I can't see any of the older Westfold nobles joining an Astrum colony, but who knows.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #113: September 20, 2017, 10:01:05 PM »
If the Westfold nobles want to play nice they can come join Morek and make us relevant again :) We've gotten several new nobles already. Worst case scenario is that they go join Luria or even worse, join Helyg-whocaresaboutdruids.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #114: September 21, 2017, 12:06:29 AM »
If the Westfold nobles want to play nice they can come join Morek and make us relevant again :) We've gotten several new nobles already. Worst case scenario is that they go join Luria or even worse, join Helyg-whocaresaboutdruids.

Hillbilly Druids is a totally legit realm.  8)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #115: September 21, 2017, 09:13:45 AM »
Or they just decide to join me  8)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #116: September 21, 2017, 01:02:32 PM »
If GX did mass migrate, HD would actually seem like a pretty legit choice. That or Arnor. Might be places they could carve a future for themselves.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #117: September 21, 2017, 01:18:19 PM »
If GX did mass migrate, HD would actually seem like a pretty legit choice. That or Arnor. Might be places they could carve a future for themselves.

What's wrong with Unterstrom?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118: September 21, 2017, 10:36:27 PM »
Meh, I think the best place to emigrate to is Swordfell. Very welcoming. Especially for big groups of new nobles. [/sarcasm]
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #119: September 22, 2017, 12:34:15 AM »
What's wrong with Unterstrom?

Too close to Astrum. Also, that implies having their own realm. I implied joining and staying inside another.