Author Topic: Ever going to be available to migrate  (Read 4160 times)

Rhynehardt Blood

• Knight
    • View Profile
Ever going to be available to migrate
« Topic Start: November 30, 2016, 10:12:16 PM »
Is there a history or reason why the far east is closed?
I heard rumor it was sunken?
Will it be available or is it a test island?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Ever going to be available to migrate
« Reply #1: November 30, 2016, 10:13:28 PM »
It's sunk. Don't expect it back until and unless we gain at least 500 more weekly players.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Kainaq

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Ever going to be available to migrate
« Reply #2: December 12, 2016, 10:41:42 AM »
The history of why it was sunk is actually pretty simple.  Battlemaster has been slowly losing players for years.  Its a sad fact given that this game is for the most part one of a kind in its player driven complexity.  In order to *counter* lack of players the devs decided they were going to forcibly shrink the island by creating an iceage on a couple of continents to increase the player per region total.  In the Far Easts case at the time there was a northern and southern alliance.  The northern alliance has been slowly winning but it was by no means a one sided war.  The iceage hit the southern alliances territories and the war swiftly ended as a result a couple of months later.  The result of this war was that players either quit the game entirely or left to other continents which was the opposite of what was aimed for in increasing the number of players per region.  After Arcaea and its allies had effectively conquered the continent with no resistance remaining, the continent became stagnant.  There was a semi reset of all alliances and a month was given for realms to build back up but fighting had grown stagnant.  No realm really had enough players to make taking more land worth while and in all honesty it would of been much better for everyone if it had been sunk once the last of the southern alliance realms surrendered.

There were a handful of interesting fights after the reset but only a handful.  The warfare had become repetitive and the politics become toxic with players actively leaving rather then dealing with the lies and misinformation that had crossed the barriers of IC and OOC.

At the time it was sunk i doubt there was more then 80 players left on the island, probably even less in terms of individual accounts.