Author Topic: Approved: Oath of fealty  (Read 4548 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Oath of fealty
« Topic Start: December 02, 2016, 09:05:56 AM »
Unfortunately it doesn't seem as though many people are interested in this aspect. When I first started playing I would make long announcements and write personal letters to the lord I was joining declaring my allegiance only to receive no replies. Likewise most people seem more interested in just cashing in on taxes and don't bother writing to you when they take an estate.

I also experience this.
In the system i am proposing, a knight can quickly see that without having to send the letter, in fact they can see that before even joining a realm.
If a Lord has some estates up with no outstanding oaths and another lord does have estates with outstanding oaths, you can just go to that lord instead.

As stated here by others: some players don't care about all this, their nobles can just pick which ever estate has most gold and no outstanding oath.
But those who do care can now quickly and easily find a Lord who cares as well, brining these players together more easily.
The system could work paralel and none mandatory, lords could be allowed to have knights without an oath, as long as it is publicly visible that they don't.
That way these lords' dukes or ruler can see that they don't and act upon that or not.
A duke can only appoint lords who he knows will draft up decent oaths for example.
Or a ruler can make oaths mandatory by law.

In response to banning nobles not upholding their oaths, they can also be kicked out of their estates by the lord, no need to ban here.
The Lord or another lord could then re offer another, less demanding oath to that knight.
To little nobles in the game could be a problem for this system to work properly, as stated by Zakky.
But we all know that too little nobles causes lots of other problems too, that's why we are taking drastic measures like sinking isles or throwing huge rogue armies at Dwilight.
We shouldnt ask if we have the nobles for it.
We should ask our selves if this feature request is going to positively influence the game without taking too much work for the devs.

I and apparently some others here do value a Lord and knight that take their oaths seriously.
Or enjoy the political struggles that could come with it.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog