Author Topic: Donation page  (Read 2538 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Donation page
« Topic Start: December 03, 2016, 10:25:42 AM »
The donation page is a little outdated.

If you live in Germany or can make direct bank transactions to accounts with the german Postbank, and would prefer that, please contact me directly for bank details.

direct bank transactions can now be made threwout the EU and more and more outside the EU as well, free of charges up to 50 K euros.

the current text sketches a difficult situation, where as thanks to the new iban system, its actually very easy to make direct money transfers.

More info on the system and a list of countries that use it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Bank_Account_Number

the current text almost discourages direct money transfers, instead we should actually encourage it and include in the text a reference to IBAN with an IBAN bank acount number.
Infact Toms previous postbank bank acount now is an IBAN acount by default as its mandatory within the EU economic area.
The bank acount number should be put on the donation page, so anyone interested in donating can just copy paste the acount number and donate what ever they want.
To keep up administration, a note can be added with the transaction where the family name of the donator is stated so goodies can be given to the right player.

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Donation page
« Reply #1: December 04, 2016, 07:19:34 AM »
The donation page is a little outdated.

direct bank transactions can now be made threwout the EU and more and more outside the EU as well, free of charges up to 50 K euros.

the current text sketches a difficult situation, where as thanks to the new iban system, its actually very easy to make direct money transfers.

More info on the system and a list of countries that use it here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Bank_Account_Number

the current text almost discourages direct money transfers, instead we should actually encourage it and include in the text a reference to IBAN with an IBAN bank acount number.
Infact Toms previous postbank bank acount now is an IBAN acount by default as its mandatory within the EU economic area.
The bank acount number should be put on the donation page, so anyone interested in donating can just copy paste the acount number and donate what ever they want.
To keep up administration, a note can be added with the transaction where the family name of the donator is stated so goodies can be given to the right player.

Amazing what people don't realize the EU system as a whole does for them individually, let alone on an economic level.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 04, 2016, 01:48:24 PM »
Nosferaturs makes a good point. EU bank transfers have behaved as "domestic" transfers since... well, long enough. In fact there is no more domestic system in place. You could even post a QR code of a set amount (i.e. per set period) and I could pay from my phone without having to enter all those numbers at all. :-)
Ardet nec consumitur.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #3: December 06, 2016, 06:12:14 PM »
Please keep discouraging direct bank transactions. I have to enter them into the BM server manually, and I'm happy they happen with a frequence of one every three years or so.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 07, 2016, 09:12:38 AM »
Please keep discouraging direct bank transactions. I have to enter them into the BM server manually, and I'm happy they happen with a frequence of one every three years or so.

So if one donates in Bitcoin or paypal you don't have to manually set goodies on the BM server?
How does that (not) work?

I am sure we'd all be happy if any kind of donation would happen more often...
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog