Author Topic: Quick Rundown  (Read 7276 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Quick Rundown
« Topic Start: December 08, 2016, 01:49:21 PM »
Anyone care to give me a quick rundown of what the realms on this continent are, war the wars are, and why they are happening? It would be much appreciated.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Rundown
« Reply #1: December 08, 2016, 02:18:00 PM »
I can give you a brief one:

Southern EC was tundra until a while ago. When it was unfrozen, 3 new realms were created for immigrants to immigrate to: Alara, Minas Nova and Greater Xavax. So in the beginning, they were mainly filled with characters who had to leave Atamara.

Greater Xavax: Due to some conflict with Alara, they got involved in a war VS Alara and Minas Nova. They quickly gained power, reducing Alara to their only city. Vix Tiramora decided to jump in because GX was seen as a threat (empire) that would threat their realm. Perdan joined against GX as well, retracted and now joined again.

Fallangard: Sided with Greater Xavax but were recently beaten and neutralized by Vix. They're currently not participating in the Southern war.

Alara: One of the 3 immigrant realms who started the conflict with GX. Currently at Hatred with GX.

Minas Nova: Ally of Alara, aiding them in their war.

Vix Tiramora: After concluding the war with Epponlyn and Nivemus, they turned south to reduce the threat of GX. Actively fighting GX after eliminating Fallangard out of the war.

Perleone: Very small realm consisting of (I think) 6 nobles. They participate in the war, although their strength and input is minimal.

Perdan: Fought with Vix Tiramora alongside against Epponlyn and Nivemus first. Then joined Southern war, got a million switches of Ruler so got stuck doing nothing for a while. Now they seem to be heading against GX again.

Caligus: Didn't have much on their hands for a long time, then turned North to fight First Oligarch together with Sirion, Nivemus and Epponlyn. They pulled back once acceptable terms were offered, but not accepted by Sirion.

Sirion: Main hater of First Oligarch, which seceded from their lands. They want FO dead.

First Oligarch: Seceded from Sirion and have been fighting them since, I think. They are mostly defending their capital, but recently were able to grab another region from Sirion.

Nivemus: Don't know much about them. They fought Vix & Perdan together with Epponlyn, turned against First Oligarch together with the rest.

Epponlyn: Same. Don't know much about them. They fought Vix & Perdan together with Epponlyn, turned against First Oligarch together with the rest.

Obsidian Islands: Almost Dead realm. Don't interfere in any conflict. Not sure what they do.

I think I have all of them.

Please correct me where possible, I'm Ruler of Vix and mostly see things around me. Never been North.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 08, 2016, 02:23:30 PM »
So why did the three immigrant realms decide to kill each other...?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 08, 2016, 02:24:45 PM »
IIRC, each one wanted to be the new Itorunt, owning the whole southern half of the peninsula.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: December 08, 2016, 02:25:11 PM »

A conflict with a family member of Kuriga between Alara and Greater Xavax.

Someone actually involved in that could probably better explain. I don't have all the details.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #5: December 08, 2016, 03:04:11 PM »
Kuriga, who was then Lord of Itor Bass and general of Alara, defected from Alara to GX and told them Alara was prepping for War with GX.
Alara was surrounding GX with a web of Alliances and eventually provoked GX, who wanted the war anyway, into attacking (super summary)

The Southern War has lasted 6 IG years now, started in jan 2016
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 08, 2016, 04:28:20 PM »
Kuriga, who was then Lord of Itor Bass and general of Alara, defected from Alara to GX and told them Alara was prepping for War with GX.
Alara was surrounding GX with a web of Alliances and eventually provoked GX, who wanted the war anyway, into attacking (super summary)

The Southern War has lasted 6 IG years now, started in jan 2016

To be fair, I only defected after the ban, not before. :3

Zaros

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: December 09, 2016, 04:56:47 AM »
I wonder if Starfall is still mad at you.
Warchief family

Zaros

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: December 09, 2016, 09:39:09 AM »
To be fair, I only defected after the ban, not before. :3
Starfall was mad at you,wasn't he?
Warchief family

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #9: December 09, 2016, 04:17:39 PM »

IIRC, each one wanted to be the new Itorunt, owning the whole southern half of the peninsula.

The fighting started between Alara and Greater Xavax. Both sides then sought Minas Nova's aid. Minas Nova, after internal debate, sided with Alara.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: December 09, 2016, 04:39:48 PM »
Starfall was mad at you,wasn't he?

He was quite livid about my blatant disrespect, enough so to make up me spying as an excuse to ban me.

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: December 09, 2016, 07:01:12 PM »

I think I have all of them.

SHADOWDALE

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: December 09, 2016, 08:36:15 PM »
SHADOWDALE

Is that a small village in Greater Xavax?  :P

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: December 09, 2016, 08:40:47 PM »
SHADOWDALE

Hah yes. I wonder why I remembered Obsidion Islands and not Shadowdale..

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: December 09, 2016, 11:48:35 PM »
Hah yes. I wonder why I remembered Obsidion Islands and not Shadowdale..
Cuz of the CoH portal RP?
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.