Author Topic: Rejected: Scroll of Control  (Read 4010 times)

Attano

• Noble Lord
  • Diplomacy! Violence! Pasta!
    • View Profile
Rejected: Scroll of Control
« Topic Start: December 11, 2016, 01:05:29 PM »
Name: Scroll of Control (Undead OR Monster)

Function: Allow temporary control of BT monster and undead.

Summary: These scrolls allow you to align one unit of monsters/undead to your realm or a special rogue realm allied with all non-daimon worshiping realms and hatred with Netherworld for one turn (the one after scroll usage). What this does it has three possible outcomes; successfully, failure and Daimon control. For example Bob casts this scroll on a unit of undead attacking Bobsville, he knows a Daimon unit is coming and uses the scroll in the hopes of getting a meat shield for the Kingdom of Bob soldiers. He gets a message similar to this:

You work the magic encased in the scroll, directing it at the creatures. Golden flames kindle in their eye sockets, as they remember their former lives. Then the flames go out, only to be replaced by an infernal green, Daimonic laughter echoes...

This causes the undead to become allied with Netherworld and support them in the battle.

Benefits: Gives humans some more CS in combat.

Possible exploits: Netherworld or Daimon-Worshippers using them.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 03:04:31 AM by Vita »
Once the Daleborn family, now the Attano family.

Zaros

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: FR: Scroll of Control
« Reply #1: December 11, 2016, 03:06:02 PM »
Interesting suggestion.+1
Warchief family

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 11, 2016, 03:34:41 PM »
The RP possibilities for my character could be fun.
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: December 11, 2016, 03:35:09 PM »
Heh instead of something like this, I'd rather have a scroll turning all your men into daimons for one battle XD

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Zaros

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: December 11, 2016, 04:47:03 PM »
Heh instead of something like this, I'd rather have a scroll turning all your men into daimons for one battle XD
That,would be interesting.
Warchief family

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: December 11, 2016, 08:28:08 PM »
"There are many dead soldiers in this region. You raise a unit of 60 undead to serve your cause."

;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #7: December 12, 2016, 04:17:21 PM »
This idea has interesting possibilities.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 12, 2017, 08:14:22 PM »
Though the name would kind of suggest another potential scroll mechanic: casting this scroll at someone, you control his actions for the rest of the day...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Azerax

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 13, 2017, 04:17:03 PM »
I like the idea of controlling undead/monsters for a single battle.    there would have to be a chance that it back fires and they attack the player in combat.

I think people may quit if they had their character controlled for a day.  There is a scroll that paralyzes a player during battle, I think that's far enough.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: January 15, 2017, 06:43:13 PM »
I think people may quit if they had their character controlled for a day.  There is a scroll that paralyzes a player during battle, I think that's far enough.

Well, maybe if the caster had access to all the nasty stuff, like "delete character", "step down", any of the lordship commands, "change allegiance", any of the government commands, etc.

Making a noble travel against his wishes, though? Don't think people would rage over that.

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
« Reply #11: February 27, 2017, 11:54:22 PM »
Well, maybe if the caster had access to all the nasty stuff, like "delete character", "step down", any of the lordship commands, "change allegiance", any of the government commands, etc.

Making a noble travel against his wishes, though? Don't think people would rage over that.

Yeah, I might rage quit if they had access to the nasty stuff as Chenier put it, but forced to travel wouldn't be that bad I'd rage quit. It would make things interesting. Say you are facing a close battle. Use a few of these on the enemy and boom, you shift the momentum your way. It has possibilities.

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Rejected: Scroll of Control
« Reply #12: April 28, 2017, 02:19:14 AM »
This is the daimon equivalent of the banishment/holy light scrolls humans have, so no. Humanity gets to destroy the beasts, not control them.