Author Topic: Is BT worth it?  (Read 10516 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Is BT worth it?
« Topic Start: December 26, 2016, 08:01:48 AM »
The Daimon-worshipping realms are confirmed to slaughter player characters of all types in job lots whenever they get the chance.  Nothoi (my realm) recently lost somewhere between a tenth and a quarter of our characters when one of the realms did a run in behind a Daimon (powerful NPCs controlled by the game masters that periodically walk around and smash the human realms into bloody paste) assault and starting hitting the execute button as fast as they could.  There are some hard feelings over that.  Statements like "no mercy" and such.

But the human realms are a much more interesting place to play.  I have had a character on BT for the better part of a decade now, and it is one of the more interesting continents when it comes player interaction.

And one good thing about the Daimon invasions is they tend to wipe out any weak nation.  They sometimes target strong and vibrant nations for death too.  But they always wipe out the borderline nations that are smaller or less well rounded.  It keeps the continent in a perpetual of being ground down to near nothing and then being rebuilt.  It has the highest turnover rate of any continent, with the possible exception of Dwilight.

I can just about guarantee that gameplay on BT will be interesting.  Maybe not always enjoyable, but never boring.  I'm on my fourth Daimon invasion now.  I've been part of one of the most powerful realms every single time.  My realm has been swarmed and destroyed by the Daimons every single time.  This invasion may be the first time I'm able to succeed in helping to save a realm.

Maybe.