Author Topic: Is BT worth it?  (Read 10510 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: Is BT worth it?
« Topic Start: December 27, 2016, 01:41:03 PM »
Definitely agree with Gabanus, plus its hard to generalize a continent.
I am enjoying BT where i play, allthough i always see room for improvements, and i can always complain about certain characters not having any rp background at all anywhere.
One realm isnt the other, and even though BT isnt that large anymore, there is still a huge difference between the realms out there.

One thing in BT is important though: if you dont like daimons or other almost unpredictable things and hate any kind of surprises at all, then just stay away.
I have seen daimons, portal stones and magic do all kinds of things that can hugely influence the game.
It adds more randomness or luck factors.

It does create lots of interesting situations for your character to react upon, it needs to explain the unexplainable which creates various of interpretations or conclusions and RP oportuntiies.
It drove, and still drives my character completely mad, ordering his army to capture a talking and dancing daimon rat, even asking foreign rulers to torture certain characters he believes have something to do with it, leading to various interesting and amusing situations for example.
Light beacons(from portal stones) are general seen in Gotland as signs from the Great goat, directing the herd its direction, which is considered by some as a promise of future lands.
A portal event close to Gethsemene half a year ago was a revelation for my character and ever since he is extremely zealous, ending every letter with a reference to the Great Goat.

The devs playing the daimons also try/tried to adjust their game and RP to local atmosphere.
Gotland was attacked several times by zombiefied goats for example, the realms worse nightmare off course.

Obviously these are (ridiculous) examples of how it could be, but in truth your story can go anywhere on BT.
But some people cant stand the fact that they have no idea what the daimons are able to do and thus feel that fighting them is pointless and don't see any of these oportunities for intresting stories.

Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog