Author Topic: Magic On EC  (Read 21949 times)

Zakilevo

Re: Magic On EC
« Topic Start: December 22, 2016, 12:31:48 AM »
I truly hope BM goes back to its roots and be less high fantasy with all the scrolls and portal events. I am fine with unique items but scrolls and portal events are too high fantasy. I've played this game for a decade without worrying too much about those two until recently.

There are several factors that caused this. Mainly increase in common items. It made crafting of scrolls way too easy. Have you seen Sirion vs Oligarch? I swear Sirion has a mage guild or something. They fire off so many spells whenever they siege to take out Garas, you wonder what game you are playing. Feels more like a text version of Age of Wonders than BM sometimes.

Also, portal stones are used like tactical nukes. I think they should not affect any in game stats anymore. When portal stones lower RC stats, that is crossing the line. If you know how much efforts and resources that go into building good ones only to see a dev drop by to lower their stats because of some random event triggered by a random advy, there is a problem. Either that or 10k CS monster showing up out of nowhere to kick you in the sides.

I don't mind portal events providing interesting events but they should be restricted to RP related stuff only and not have an actual impact in the game.

This game was known for its low fantasy. Unless the game is heading toward high fantasy, it should keep some distance between magic and itself.