Author Topic: Holiday in D'Hara  (Read 2538 times)

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
Holiday in D'Hara
« Topic Start: December 25, 2016, 08:04:23 PM »
Roleplay from Kateera McDowell   (42 minutes ago) message to all nobles of D'Hara

Kateera smiled as she signed the letter and slid it into a small envelope. On the cover, she took her time to write Baron Drizztle's name over it. She usually let the scribes do this part but today she wrote everything personally because it was a special day.

It was a miracle she had even remembered what day it was, in fact some days she didn't much care for it; they all seemed to blur together into one long and endless moment. Her weeks had been filled with so much fighting and traveling lately, she didn't really find much joy in it.

Her only comfort was that she had finally found her sea legs. She did have to thank Drizztle for his advice on the matter though, had it not been for him she may have continued her sea travels sporting the greenest of colors. At the thought, she laughed a little. Ironically, that's how she had met Drizztle in the first place, unable to settle her stomach or remember her own name, she had greeted him as best she could. It couldn't have been a worse moment on her part but he had been a gentleman about the entire affair and had done his best to put her at ease. She wished she had felt better so she could make the best of their first meeting together, though the situation made it a memorable moment nonetheless.

Since that moment she had thought of him often but she had rarely seen him. They had shared a dinner together, another time he had gone out of his way to make her smile making the moment memorable. On occasion they glanced at each other from across the battlefield since they were in the same army and followed each other across D'Hara to eradicate undead and monsters upon the streets of their beloved realm, but they hadn't spent any time together since that dinner.

She hoped he was doing well this day and even better once he received his gift. She looked to the wrapped box, and slid the letter over it and wrapped a big red bow around it. It wasn't an ideal situation, considering all the fighting still going around but they had to take a moment to enjoy what was truly important in life, if not they wouldn't really remember what they were fighting for.

Roleplay from Kateera McDowell   (40 minutes ago)

A courier delivers a box to you. It is quite long in length and narrower in width, making you curious as to what it could contain. Beneath the red big bow there is an envelope with cursive letters flowing beautifully around the letters of your name. You remove the letter and read:

Dear Drizztle,

I hope this letter finds you well. I know this isn't much, but it is dear to me and I hope one day it becomes dear to you as well. Have a merry day.

You unravel the bow and the ribbon from around the box, and open it. Inside is an elaborate long sword the glint of the metal shining in the light. The tip of the pommel is adorned with the McDowell emblem of a horse, three stars and half moon below it. As you take the weapon into your hand, you see the grip is worked expertly beneath your palm. The cross guard is worked into braided steel that dips down towards the blade itself, like claws. Upon closer inspection, you notice the fine craftsmanship of the weapon and the eerie letters worked into the metal so as to not weaken the blade. You do not understand the words engraved into the blade as they are in a foreign language. You find another note inside the box.

“The words over the blade are a sacred battle prayer, meant to ward off those who would wish you harm, and protect you. Only the bearer of the weapon should know what they mean… you must seek me out if you wish to find out their meaning for I will only speak them to you… I hope to see you soon. Kat"
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor