Author Topic: Holiday in D'Hara  (Read 2587 times)

Sharpspeare

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Sharpspeare Family
Re: Holiday in D'Hara
« Topic Start: December 25, 2016, 08:05:52 PM »
Roleplay from Drizztle Sharpspeare   (7 minutes ago) message to all nobles of D'Hara

Drizztle stared at the sword gifted to him by Kateera. "A fine weapon this is. And the pummel with the strange words, how mysterious" he thinks. He re-reads the letter again. "you must seek me out if you wish to find out their meaning for I will only speak them to you…" she writes. He laughs, a big belly laugh. "Try and stop me!" He shouts. His Captain, the young Captain Warmund, cries "St-stop you, Sir?" Drizztle just turns to him. One look keeps any response from forming on his lips. "FIND me Dame Kateera. Where are her and her men camped?" Drizztle orders. Warmund snaps to attention and heads off without answering his lord. "Hmmmm...still needs work." Drizztle mutters to no one.

Drizztle goes to his tent and brings out a package. It is a simple box tied with simple red thread. He had been saving this gift, hoping to run into the young Kateera. He had felt so alive the night he ran into her and ended up having dinner together. They had fought together. They had danced together. She had hit him with a rock and he hadn't even minded. She had risked herself to save a child. Going alone with the child to find the child's parents. Not many he knew would be brave enough to do that during monster raids.

A while later, an impatient Drizztle is anxiously awaiting Warmund's return. His men sense his mood and do their best to avoid attracking his attention. They feel sorry for Warmund, for he will be the one to get the brunt of Drizztle's ire should the news be bad. When one man coughs, there is dead silence. After a moment it is apparent Drizztle didn't notice, his gaze still searching the area for Warmund.

Finally Warmund shows up. Breathlessly he explains he found where they are encamped. "Good, Captain Warmund, stay here and keep the men ready. Rotating watch. I'll take 5 men with me to visit Dame Kateera." With that he starts walking off caring the box himself. His men do not know what to do, who is staying and who is going. Warmund picks 5 men and they rush off to catch up to the swift moving Drizztle.

Roleplay from Drizztle Sharpspeare   (just sent) message to all nobles of D'Hara

Drizztle arrived in the area where Kateera's men are camped. Caring the box he has for her and wearing her gift on his hip, he makes he way towards her tent. Her men demand he halt his advance and to state his business.

"I am Baron Drizztle of house Sharpspeare, Sponser of the Royal Navy. And if you do not recognize me, I could demonstrate my prowess to you using this fine sword your liege lady sent to me." Shifting the box into one hand he brought out the sword. He showed the men the pommel with McDowell emblem on it. "Now do you need me to state my business?" He asked with deadly calmness belying the storm beneath the surface. "No Lord Baron. But please wait a moment while we inform our lady of your arrival." One quickly states.

"Be quick." He states, brokering no discussion from these men.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious" ~ Vince Lombardi

"Allons-y" 10th Doctor