Author Topic: Bug report  (Read 2154 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Bug report
« Topic Start: December 26, 2016, 07:15:19 AM »
http://bugs.battlemaster.org/view.php?id=8990

Reporting again in the forums for increased visibility, as I believe this is a very serious bug.

I understand that the Devs are actual human beings and are probably away on holidays, just like the rest of us. :) Please take your time. Just letting you know that tax days are broken for my realm.
------
qui audet vincit

Zakilevo

Re: Bug report
« Reply #1: December 26, 2016, 07:55:25 AM »
I thought that was fixed recently. Hmm I wonder why it is coming back.

Will have to wait until at least new years probably since most people are away to spend their time with their families.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: December 26, 2016, 10:35:22 AM »
I'm actively monitoring the bugtracker but for cases like this, I depend on Vita or Delvin to take a look into it.

I can see a fatal error being thrown what probably causes many of these bugs being reported. Probably requires a datafix which I can't do.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: December 26, 2016, 04:26:47 PM »
There's a nasty, elusive bug going around that doesn't properly tell the region that its Lord is gone when the Lord dies under some circumstances.

We fixed it twice a couple months ago, but apparently we need to fix it more times.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to go brogging about to figure out where it's still happening today, but hopefully I should have some more time in the next few days.

Either way, I've nulled out the offending fields in the database, so the immediate issue should be fixed. Please keep us updated.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan