Author Topic: Tutorial - creating a new and updated one for beginning players  (Read 20856 times)

Victor C

• Board Moderator
  • Noble Lord
  • I didn't know what to write here, so I wrote this.
    • View Profile
The tutorials we currently have are well done, but incomplete on many cases and outdated on others and it's time to make a new one. I'll try to summarize the discussions within this first post to keep an updated perspective as we work towards creating a new one.

Outline of the tutorial:

First thing is first, what is possibly to simply reuse, and what is necessary to replace? Reusing certain things can save time and effort and can then that effort and time can be used to focus on what we need.

One of the things I noticed is that voice in the tutorial is not exactly friendly. It's more nuetral with a hint of happiness. (Not the audio voice, as in, the way it sounds when read) We want our new players to feel welcomed and know that we are indeed a nice community and that we welcome them with open arms.

Another thing to take into consideration is that we want to come out tutorial participants interested, this is an important part of the text structure and mood in writing.

We need to discuss what needs to come first as well, in case the people do not finish the tutorial. As well as include information about estates, greetings, turn change, recruitment, hierarchy, and realm info.

The tutorial should be limited to where they have enough information to play with not many questions after.
"The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things." - Ronald Reagan