Author Topic: Tutorial - creating a new and updated one for beginning players  (Read 21004 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Amazing work Gildre, youtube videos are a great idea.

The first and main critique I would have however is that the videos are still too long. Personally I'd say around 3 to 5 min videos max.

BM by definition is way too much info and there's too much to do, I know, but for tutorials we should stick to minimal info that people need to know to play. I'm looking at the information video atm and we mention and explain every different thing, but for things like 'realm list' you can just say: "this shows a bunch of information on realms and you can view them per realm, which includes their income roughly, who are their government members and where their capital is etc" and then not click on it, but just go to the next....

Or even more extreme, say: "Most of these speak for themselves and you can just click on them to get some more info from them, but there are a few which you'll use more often and I'll go into them a bit deeper:...."

I see that this topic has died out a little bit, but Wimpie and me are pulling it back to the forefront and gonna work on it. Do you have the time for new videos, or otherwise mind if we try to make a few ourselves?
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela