Author Topic: Tutorial - creating a new and updated one for beginning players  (Read 20869 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Sorry for the delay; I have now (finally!) watched these.

They look good, and I'll be happy to make them available to all players from in-game pages.

I do have a few of small recommendations if you do end up redoing these. First of all, in the first video, I think it would be helpful if you demonstrated the Preview functionality before simply sending the letter. Second of all, in the second video, it would be better to click on the Bounty Board, which should be accessible to the new character, rather than Change Class, which just gives an error message. Also, in the earlier part of the second video, I think it would be worthwhile to emphasize that when you tell your character to travel, you will a) not actually go anywhere until turn change, and b) only arrive if you have enough hours left over in your time pool when the turn change comes (which will probably necessitate a brief explanation of how spending hours on immediate actions works).

As they are, though, they're good.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan