Author Topic: A new JeVondair Advy: Colab Character Creation  (Read 6900 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: A new JeVondair Advy: Colab Character Creation
« Topic Start: December 30, 2016, 10:23:18 PM »

let me draw your attention back to a darker moment in Selenia's history as Xerarch...

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/JeVondair_Family/Selenia#Robb_the_Defiler

Robb Starfall was a desperate man. His army was defeated and driven back, his kingdom had been all but taken from him, and his enemy was overwhelming. So, to combat Xavax he whipped his people into a frenzy of hatred, demonizing the people of Xavax and Selenia in particular as infernal, less than human. This would not have bothered Selenia if not for the atrocities this dehumanizing effect allowed the desensitized nobles and soldiers of Alara to commit: The systematic rape and genocide of commonfolk of every Xavax region they could reach. Every time the Phoenix fell back to refit, the raiders would pour forth from the Black City together with their Minas Novan allies and new reports of terror and debauchery would reach Selenia's Throne. Selenia, who had been a serf to the type of nobleman who could do this sort of thing. Selenia, who had been the unwanted result of a nobleman who could do this sort of thing.
To say that the Xerarch of Xavax was enraged would be a small, understated thing.

When she could see other colors besides red, Selenia immediately wrote the other rulers of the East, denouncing Starfall as a dishonorable rapist and murder not fit to wear a crown, swearing that she would take the crowns of Alara and Minas Nova and wear them re-sized as anklets, declaring her everlasting hatred for Minas Nova for joining in persecuting these travesties upon her people. She commanded into Law that the names of Alara or Minas Nova never be spoken again, forcing her subjects to instead refer to them as the bandits of Itorunt and Semall respectively. She called upon her fellow queens of the East to rise up and denounce him with one voice. Most of the rulers, however, were content to sit and watch silently. Most, but not all. First Lady Catherine of First Oligarch publicly answered Selenia's call (and earned Selenia's respect), and, eventually, so did High Queen Teniel of Caligus. Not publicly, but she did threaten to withdraw her restraints on Fallangard which would allow Xavax's only ally to enter the war and thereby grant Selenia the strength she needed to take the Black City once and for all. While Starfall had been foolish enough to insult Selenia, he was smart enough to realize that Fallangard entering the war would be his doom. And sure enough, the reports of rape and genocide stopped. A relieved Selenia met with her people, the victims. Who, incidentally, were mostly former Alaran's that she had conquered. She stayed among the women and girls in particular, promising that their needs would be taken care of, that she would accept them into her personal service at the capital if they so desired. To the boy-children who were also victimized, she made certain that they knew of her offer, she tried to relate to them. But few responded to her the way the women had. Many, male and female alike, would take their own lives within months, and few of the survivors would ever achieve normalcy again. So instead of protection, Selenia gave them swords. She trained them and empowered them to take their dignity back in blood with steel. To be Fearless (The name of Selenia's fighting unit).

In searching for Lagertha memes, I came across a badass character model that I intend to weave into the story as an orphan Selenia rescued during this period who would grow up to serve in Selenia's Fearless. This character will be a violent, warmongering fanatic, a dark vanguard of justice unconstrained by morality and embodying all the most extreme aspects of Selenia. In short, she will be the person Godric always wished Selenia were: Devoid of mercy or restraint, a creature of consummate cunning, A huntress he stalks the night because there's no place in daylight for what her pitiless heart will allow her to do.

I want Godric to have gotten a hold of her after Selenia fell and Fearless was all but wiped out and set up as militia. I want him to nurse her back to health and teach her the ways of the  Tórrarin.

I do not know here name yet, but I know what she will look like...

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:22:25 PM by JeVondair »
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"