Author Topic: South Island goes random?  (Read 8330 times)

Mayhem

South Island goes random?
« Topic Start: January 04, 2017, 09:45:09 PM »
Why not make South Island go full random?

-Restrict characther creation to only a period of time (~ 1month);
-You can not choose which realm you will be part of, it will be random;
-If your characther dies you will have to wait until a new round.

This way almost all realms will be "balanced" and battles will be won by "talent".

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: South Island goes random?
« Reply #1: January 04, 2017, 09:55:11 PM »
+1
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: January 04, 2017, 09:58:03 PM »
There's actually some possibilities in this.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: January 05, 2017, 08:19:37 AM »
And if your realm is defeated?
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: January 05, 2017, 11:25:43 AM »
I really like this idea.
In every round we saw more people joining the biggest realm who already had the best chance of winning.
This will balance this out greatly.

And if your realm is defeated?

I am not sure what would happen to your character, but i presume you could make a new one, who would then be randomly placed in one of the two remaining realms.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Zakilevo

« Reply #5: January 05, 2017, 11:57:45 AM »
Upon losing your realm, kill all the losers. All the newly created nobles can join one of the two realms randomly.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: January 05, 2017, 03:41:01 PM »
In every round we saw more people joining the biggest realm who already had the best chance of winning.
Not really. Last round, I thought Taselak split rather evenly between Ikalak (wanting to spite being defeated by Sandalak), and Sandalak (wanting to finish the War Island). And I don't recall the previous rounds ending suddenly because the first realm was defeated either.

Mayhem

« Reply #7: January 05, 2017, 10:58:27 PM »
This also would be a great way to integrate more the community, forcing players to play with non-known noble families.

I agree with once a realm is defeated then everyone in that realm dies. It would give more reason for the strong "nationalism" narrative on the "stay on the realm that you are born and fight until you win or die".

Also the RP's would be very nice.

Not sure if once a realm dies, the deads players would random create new characthers or force a sudden death between the remaning realms, like a very high chance for characthers to die, reduce some region stats, increase fortification damage received, boost soldier production, water invade the continent and start to flood regions.

Also should make a time limit for characther creation otherwise people will obviously abuse from it until they get the realm they want. Or just, if you die you are out until next round but then force a sudden death so it would not be very prolonged).

Ossan

• Noble Lord
  • RIP Barca, Taselak, Cagil
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: January 06, 2017, 04:52:24 AM »
I like this idea, especially if it tries to keep the realm numbers as even as possible (obviously you can't do anything about people who join and then become inactive regardless). Especially if it involves a quicker way for characters on the losing realm to leave, Sandalak's fall was precisely zero fun on my new character to replace my hero who died, as there wasn't much for him to do and then  it was sit back and do nothing while you waited for... something to happen to let you join a new realm? Ended up just deleting him and making a new one, not sure if that just ended up costing more family gold or not (not that Im worried about that).
Taselak is Best-elak.

Xavax, to be taken all day erry' day.

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: January 06, 2017, 12:33:45 PM »
Immediately Auto jail the losing side. On release, force them into one of the other two realms at random and move them to the respective capital.

Either that or make the first side to capture any other capital the winner.

Zakilevo

« Reply #10: January 06, 2017, 12:39:24 PM »
I'd rather say let people keep their characters even if they lose at least until the end. Once the new island starts, only people who were originally from the winner's side should keep their characters of course but telling people to delete their characters in the middle seems to anger too many people.

Mayhem

« Reply #11: January 06, 2017, 11:29:34 PM »
What about a sudden death between the remaning realms, like a very high chance for characthers to die, reduce some region stats, increase fortification damage received, boost soldier production, water invade the continent and start to flood regions (making a straight line between the remaining realms, forcing huge battles instead of skirmishes)?

I'd rather say let people keep their characters even if they lose at least until the end. Once the new island starts, only people who were originally from the winner's side should keep their characters of course but telling people to delete their characters in the middle seems to anger too many people.

I believe that would enforce the nationalism, players from the defeated realm would hold their honour and die with their nation. It makes sense to me, that would fit perfectly with the rule that once you are in a realm you can not switch from it.

GundamMerc

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: January 07, 2017, 05:09:59 AM »
I believe that would enforce the nationalism, players from the defeated realm would hold their honour and die with their nation. It makes sense to me, that would fit perfectly with the rule that once you are in a realm you can not switch from it.

I'm not sure how you got that out of Zakky's post. The difference being people can still play with one, while in the other they can't do anything until one of the other countries falls, which can take months. Not exactly fun.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: January 09, 2017, 01:37:20 AM »
Why not make South Island go full random?

-Restrict characther creation to only a period of time (~ 1month);
-You can not choose which realm you will be part of, it will be random;
-If your characther dies you will have to wait until a new round.

This way almost all realms will be "balanced" and battles will be won by "talent".
I agree with this post. Randomness on character creation to be exact.

I recalled my character(with high honor) was sent to Taselak at the end of last South Island after she became victorious. Of course there is a bug that stopped her from being played, since she technically died on the very last turn suddenly ran in duel to death. Of course paying attention to the randomness that she would end up in Taselak anyway, I created a new character(with low honor since it is new) at Taselak.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: February 09, 2017, 06:45:28 PM »
Once a realm loses its capital, turn all of their nobles into heroes with increased mortality rates. When captured, have them released in a random region. Have the hero drafting option more reliable.

Then, let them all fight to the death, no switching. If their capital was taken by a surprise move, they might just be able to reclaim it (unlikely), but mostly, if they still have regions, they can continue a riskier (for them) and less damaging (for other realms) guerrilla warfare, so that invaders have incentives to conquer the whole realm.

Just an idea inspired from the previous ones. ;)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron