Author Topic: PeaceMaster: Dwilight  (Read 18699 times)

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: PeaceMaster: Dwilight
« Reply #30: February 08, 2017, 04:46:31 PM »
Dwilight is boring right now. Astrum stops anyone from doing anything, Arnor stops anyone from doing anything, Luria has too few nobles to do anything and the other realms are too small or too far away to do anything.

Astrum and Arnor, break up into smaller kingdoms or something.

This makes absolutely no sense so you may have to explain this to me.

Astrum stops anyone from doing anything...uhm they're letting HD-Morek fight without interfering (eventhough HD just broke the treaty signed by Astrum and HD) and Astrum remained neutral (publicly and privately) in the war Westfold just started, rather than joining in against Westfold, although it wasn't actually fought.

Arnor stops anyone from doing anything...Arnor doesn't have a lot of power and they'll find themselves run over one of these days. They only have 11 nobles atm.

Luria Nova has too few nobles...uhm they have 24 nobles, tied second place with Astrum and only beaten by Westgard.

HD and Morek are fighting, and some other realms are still either battling the rogues or are recovering from it and who knows what else they will do (that I do not know).
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: February 08, 2017, 04:47:18 PM »
You know what would be cool? If Arnor & co. ganged up on Astrum, and Eidulb switched allegiance to Westgard. :)

Luria gained a lot of nobles lately. Not so sure they still can't project might. Go gank Fissoa or something.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: February 09, 2017, 01:59:57 AM »
The HD-Morek war is kinda a suicide mission for HD. 5 nobles vs 9 is rather tilted, though the issue is that with the noble-per-region ratio for both realms the outcome is going to be odd, since Morek will start running into the potential 1 noble per region issue. If they ended up conglomerating then perhaps it'd be a good ending, but as it stands I struggle to see the purpose behind a 5-noble realm.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: February 09, 2017, 02:13:11 AM »
It does seem kind of silly to see a microscopic realm fight another.

How large are their mobile armies anyways?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: February 09, 2017, 10:09:53 AM »
I'm pretty sure the idea behind this is to get activity and action within both realms and hopefully outgrow the smal satelite position HD is currently in. It's better than the alternative of sitting around and doing nothing because they are small, because then they'll stay small forever.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: February 09, 2017, 06:01:40 PM »
Sure, kudos to them for actually doing something, it's more than most would do.

It just doesn't feel to me like microstates are worth having. They aren't particularily fun to play in, and they are hugely wasteful of their resources. They'd accomplish more if they merged with Westfold, for example.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: February 09, 2017, 06:08:22 PM »
Sure, kudos to them for actually doing something, it's more than most would do.

It just doesn't feel to me like microstates are worth having. They aren't particularily fun to play in, and they are hugely wasteful of their resources. They'd accomplish more if they merged with Westfold, for example.

Well to be fair, morek only had like 4 members also a few months ago, but are up to 9 again right now, which makes them liveable. So I'd rather give HD a chance to recoup their last members and return to a maneable realm rather than giving up on them already. This war against Morek is a good attempt to make it happen.

It's also why nobody else is interfering right now I think, despite some having good reasons. People do recognize the effort (at least that's what I hope people are thinking).

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: February 09, 2017, 06:25:38 PM »
Jeez, micro-state wars are tiring! These TO's are progressing at a crawl.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: February 09, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »
I think it is to most realm's credits that they have generally been open to letting conflicts happen without turning every given opportunity into a gangbang.

That being said, does anyone know how much mobile CS these two realms wield, with so few nobles?

DeVerci

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39: February 09, 2017, 06:47:55 PM »
without giving exact numbers away, 6 nobles from Morek have double the CS than the 4 nobles from HD.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: February 09, 2017, 07:38:51 PM »
Is it such a big secret? I assume both warring parties know exactly how much the other has.

Not really looking for specifics, just a generic idea of what scale of warfare they are doing.

It's generally hard to get past 1500CS units, even with all the wealth in the world. If Morek has 1500CS per noble with 6 nobles, that'd put a mobile force of 9000CS, while HD would have 4500CS for an average of 1125 CS per noble.

Am I close? Or are these guys fighting with like 500 CS/noble?

9k CS can achieve stuff. Less than 4k... it's pretty hard to achieve much.

Gabanus family

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: February 10, 2017, 01:44:10 AM »
I'm guessing you're looking more at 800cs units on average, meaning you'll see around 3.5 to 4k for HD and then apparently (as they're double) around 7 to 8k for Morek.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: February 20, 2017, 07:12:15 AM »
Jeez, micro-state wars are tiring! These TO's are progressing at a crawl.
Agree... It depend on population, how much they like your realm and such.

Anyway this should not stay Peacemaster for long. There are some happening soon ::)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: February 20, 2017, 03:41:21 PM »
Yea... that's micro-states for you.

Also, have any realms actually seen monsters swim? Because we've faced off 60 000 CS hordes, and I don't recall seeing a single "huge battle report" over East. Instead, eastern realms just keep on expanding, and the monsters just keep on being relentless...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: February 20, 2017, 03:48:18 PM »
There's some kind of bug that's keeping them from landing. I still need to have time to investigate that properly.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan