Author Topic: Religion in the Colonies  (Read 4808 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Religion in the Colonies
« Topic Start: September 01, 2016, 02:18:16 AM »
Hey,

Thinking of moving my priest character to the Colonies in the next few days.  Just wondering if there are any active religions in the colonies.  I have looked at the Wiki, but it is often out of date... Where if there are religions are they based? and is there an area that is just all pagan and ripe for some sort of conversion... It's a character I like with a pretty well established RP so any religion would have to fit...

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Religion in the Colonies
« Reply #1: September 01, 2016, 02:59:05 AM »
I'm not that familiar with the south of the Colonies, but Shadowism and the Apostles of the Abyss are two pretty big, active religions, both covering at least two realms (The Assassins and The Electorate of Minas Thalion for Shadowism, while Outer Tilog and The Dark Court of Gothica follow the AotA). I know Lukon and Portion have the Horde of Honor, but I don't know how active that religion is. Shadowism is pretty well covered on the wiki, AotA are Daimon worshipers/crazy (depending on how you play your character). I think Horde of Honor is meant to be Mongol styled ancestor worship. Maybe someone can answer better about it and elsewhere.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 01, 2016, 03:21:32 AM »
Try convert my character if you can, my character is pagan. Oh, by the way to answer your question, Oritolon does not have an official state religion. Good place for you to start in the south.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 01, 2016, 07:57:20 AM »
There are four religions on the Colonies: Apostles of the Abyss (AA), Horde of Honor (HH), Shadowism, Healer of the Creators (HC). Shadowism (peasant converts) is mostly up north around Assassins and down south around Aren, Minas Thalion, and Oritolon. HH (peasant converts) is mostly around Lukon, Portion, Wetham, and Oritolon. HC (peasant converts) is mostly around Gothica. AA (peasant converts) is mostly around Outer Tilog, Gothica, Minas Thalion, Portion, Assassins, and Oritolon.

AA, HH, and Shadowism have about 13-14 temples each. HC has half of that.

Shadowism has about ~20 members, AA and HH have about ~10 members, and HC have a few less.

HH has the most peasant converts, with Shadowism only slightly behind, and AA slightly behind them. HC has about 15% converts of the others.

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 01, 2016, 10:33:13 AM »
There are four religions on the Colonies: Apostles of the Abyss (AA), Horde of Honor (HH), Shadowism, Healer of the Creators (HC). Shadowism (peasant converts) is mostly up north around Assassins and down south around Aren, Minas Thalion, and Oritolon. HH (peasant converts) is mostly around Lukon, Portion, Wetham, and Oritolon. HC (peasant converts) is mostly around Gothica. AA (peasant converts) is mostly around Outer Tilog, Gothica, Minas Thalion, Portion, Assassins, and Oritolon.

AA, HH, and Shadowism have about 13-14 temples each. HC has half of that.

Shadowism has about ~20 members, AA and HH have about ~10 members, and HC have a few less.

HH has the most peasant converts, with Shadowism only slightly behind, and AA slightly behind them. HC has about 15% converts of the others.

Interesting. Thanks for that break down, Vita!  :) I forgot HC even existed!

Qureshima1

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: November 22, 2016, 10:37:46 PM »
There's a new one. Gothica has 5 temples of the Death Knights, vying with HOTC for influence. Amusingly two diametrically opposed religions in the same realm.